We stayed at this three star hotel for 7 nights in October. The hotel is located in the foothills on the outskirts of Kyrenia giving good views of the town and across the sea to the Turkish mainland. The location does mean that visits to the town must be made by either a taxi or the courtesy bus. The hotel staff were very friendly, cheerful and helpful.
We had a twin room which for a three star hotel was of a very good size and well furnished including 2 easy chairs. The beds were comfortable and we both slept extremely well. The bathroom was of good size and was stocked with essential toiletries and a hair dryer was provided. There was a mini bar which was reasonably priced. The room had a balcony with 2 chairs, however the downside was that it faced the main Nicosia / Kyrenia road, which though some distance away and out of sight was somewhat noisy - though when the windows were closed this did not cause a problem. Unfortunately the rooms do not have a tea/coffee tray and this we considered to be a problem ... no early morning tea/coffee!
The outside areas of the hotel are very clean and tidy, and clearly maintained to a high standard. Both the indoor and outdoor pools were spotlessly clean. The sun lounger pads have seen better days.
The breakfasts though basic were adequate. We dined out on two evenings and had 4 meals in the restaurant. On two evenings the meals were served buffet style and though there was a very limited selection (2 main courses) the food was appetising, obviously freshly cooked, well presented and generally very enjoyable meals. On the other two nights the food was plated up and on one night was a repeat of the meal two nights previous, the other night's menu was also very similar - clearly this food was re-heated and not freshly prepared and there was no sign of a chef ......
The hotel is a three star, and frankly with very little effort could be higher graded. The cleanliness of the hotel was first rate and it has some facilities available, though not all those advertised. Our only quibbles were the absence of a tea/coffee tray, and the food. We would happily stay here again, but would choose to eat out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Onar Village...more than just a place to stay...Hotel Rooms and Villas available in this wonderful hillside resort.Indoor Pool,Sauna,Turkish Bath, Jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with cyprus paradise so you can book your Onar Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Onar Holiday Village Kyrenia
- Onar Holiday Village Cyprus/Kyrenia