“Lovely holiday”

and 1 more site!
The Arkin Colony Hotel
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Kyrenia
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have been holidaying in N. Cyprus for many years, staying in a friend's villa. The villa has recently been sold so I was obliged to find alternative accommodation as I love this country. I am so glad I chose The Colony Hotel. The staff were so attentive and the standard of cleanliness and the welcoming atmosphere made this holiday so pleasant. Although I was on my own I did not feel out of place.
The only down side to my experience was at the very last hurdle. I vacated my room at 2pm and my transfer was not till 6.15 pm. I was surprised that there was no courtesy room where I could change into travelling clothes. I was told to go up to the spa area. It was not easy to manoeuvre my case up there and the changing area was simply a narrow passage with others trying to go backwards and forwards.
However this was the only black mark I could see in my holiday experience. I certainly mean to return to the Colony in the future.

Room Tip: I was in a room facing the main street and I can't say the traffic bothered me. Sirens from ambu...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Ethel W
The Colony H, Guest Relations Manager at The Arkin Colony Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Colony hotel.
Your kind words regarding our staff, service and hotel is much appreciated.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor and we look forward to seeing you next year.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

This was our 3rd visit to the Colony and we had a lovely time The hotel is in the heart of the town so we can walk everywhere Lovely breakfast and the evening buffet was excellent. The roof terrace is great with thick comfortable mattresses on the sun beds Our request for a special room was granted we hope to visit again soon and would not consider any other hotel in Kyrinia

Room Tip: Try for a room on second floor
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

It was lovely to see you again for the third time in our hotel. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us once again.

We appreciate your time and the positive remarks you have written on Trip Advisor regarding our hotel and staff. Comments like these always make us proud of the work we do and our guest’s feedback is always so important to us.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Just returned yesterday from the Colony and have come back impressed. The staff are one of their biggest assets and will do anything for you when asked and sometimes when not even asked. They look to help and will approach if you look as if you need assistance. We asked to move rooms-due to circumstances beyond the hotels control-and were promptly shown 5 rooms to choose from and had all of our bags taken down by concierge and new keys presented whilst we had a drink in the bar. All the time the staff had a smile on their face- no hassle at all. Breakfast is decent-but not amazing-evening buffet style dinner like wise. Just a short walk down to the harbour where there are loads of good cafes and restaurants and the hotel itself is really imposing and grand-inside and out. The 4th floor outside pool is a must see and the terrace allows magnificent mountain side views. Once again, if you value personal, warm and friendly service I can't see how you can get better. Is it a true 5 star hotel in my view? Well, I would have expected tea/coffee facilities in the room and maybe more attentive roof top bar staff-they never really came round asking if you wanted a fresh drink. Apart from that-an all round excellent holiday. (my personal tip is to hire a car also-£20 day delivered/collected to/from the hotel)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
The Colony H, Guest Relations Manager at The Arkin Colony Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review on our hotel.
We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Accomodation was really nice, clean & comfortable. Food was tasty (great eggs for breakfast). Cocktails were also yummy (and strong!) and we loved lounging by the pool on the roof. The hotel has good views of the sea, Kyrenia castle and old harbour - as well as a scenic backdrop of the 'Five Finger' mountains. It also has a reasonable gym and spa/massage facilities. I had a 'Classic' massage, which was 'OK'.

Service could have been better, e.g. if ever we wanted a drink by the pool we had to proactively seek out the bar staff, when asking the concierge to book us a table it took us several attempts – and whilst eating our breakfast one morning, a waiter showed his sore knuckles which he said he’d got after punching a wall. A bit bizarre.
Also, on the Saturday night the hotel hosted a private party on the roof (not for hotel guests). This resulted in very loud, 'thumping' music until about 1am - which meant it was hard to get relax/sleep. I spoke to reception about this and they advised that it is fairly common for them to do this.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrandMrsTuck

Dear Guest;

Firstly, thank you for having chosen The Colony hotel and taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.
We are very sorry that you did not enjoy some aspects of your stay in our hotel. Most of our guests are very happy with the 5 star service and facilities which we offer, as you will see from many of the other reviews.
We pride ourselves on our quality of service and are always disappointed when a guest leaves unhappy.
We hope that the points you mentioned will not deter you from visiting us again.

Sincerely ,

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

How lovely is The Colony. The decor could be with a bit of an update but the roof terrace in a lovely spring night is really magic. I loved the screening of the of the town so when you sit by the pool you have this "infinity" view of the sea. Had dinner in one of the restaurants of the hotel and the food unfortunately was terrible as the wine... Maybe just a bad choice that doesn't change my view of the place.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Travelaround59
The Colony H, Guest Relations Manager at The Arkin Colony Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Dear Guest;

We are sorry that you had some bad experiences with the food and wine in our restaurant.
We hope that the point you mentioned will not deter you from visiting us again. We are looking forward to welcome you in our hotel.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I visited Cyprus many years ago when it was impossible to travel to the north from the south. Now that the border is open, northern Cyprus is a must for any visitor. I found the people friendly and extremely helpful. Stayed at this hotel for about four nights when the apartments we had been offered originally were damp and the electrics not working. The rooms were excellent as was the service. What I particularly loved was the roof terrace with the most amazing view of the mountains and the magical sound of the mosque echoing around the area. The town is lovely too. Lots of harbour restaurants offering mezze meals for a good price. Lots of shops too.

Room Tip: Rooms overlook car park or street... so can't recommend. But still worth a visit as the roof ter...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sally E
The Colony H, Guest Relations Manager at The Arkin Colony Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely thoughts on our hotel.
We are extremely happy and proud that you enjoyed your stay with us.
All of your comments are greatly valued by us and we hope to see you again in the future at The Colony Hotel.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

A lovely hotel right in the heart of Kyrenia. We had a second floor room with a balcony and although it overlooked the main road, once the doors were closed, we weren't bothered by any noise. The only problem we had was with the air conditioning, which didn't work particularly well. After two requests to reception it was improved, but still loud. They were only too happy to arrange car hire for us for a couple of days, but everywhere else we wanted to go was within walking distance.
We also made use of the Spa and Pool and both were excellent.
We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to our friends.
We had a lovely surprise on our first night, to come back to our room to find champagne, petit fours and fruit.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dilys G
The Colony H, Guest Relations Manager at The Arkin Colony Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Colony hotel and for taking the time to write your lovely thoughts on our hotel.
We are extremely happy and proud that you enjoyed your stay with us.
All of your comments are greatly valued by us and we looking forward to see you and your friends in the future at The Colony Hotel.

Sincerely yours,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kyrenia
Dome Hotel
The Villa Club Hotel
The Villa Club Hotel
#19 of 30 in Kyrenia
Denizkizi & Denizkizi Royal Hotel
Denizkizi & Denizkizi Royal Hote...
#2 of 8 in Alsancak - Karavas

Been to The Arkin Colony Hotel? Share your experiences!