Merit Crystal Cove
British Hotel(Kyrenia)
HotelQuickly
The Ship Inn(Kyrenia)
  • Pool
All reviewsbeach barall inclusive hotelpoker tournamentpublic areas includingfruit and ice creamfeeding frenzylarger placesextra guestsfree bus servicelovely coveunlike some placeslarge setmain reception areabuggy serviceexcellent free wificonference hallall inclusive basis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 22, 2010

We spent three nights at the hotel and was initially impressed with the prompt service and check-in. We even got upgraded. This was all thanks to Kerim who was excellent at what he did. However, a major problem with the hotel is the crappy air conditioning. It was a central cooling (seems like heating) system which seems to be like set at 30 degrees Celcius. The room was way hotter than the surrounding. On the second night, we left our room windows open and had mosquitoes biting my two year old son. The staff were generally very bad. They were unprofessional and lazy (with Kerim being the exception) My phone didn't work and they send a guy to repair the phone after numerous calls. On the second day, the phone was once again spoit and Ihad to go down twice to ask for water to make milk for my baby. Even then, the guy at the counter did not do anything. I ended up having to tell the peopleat the restaurant for water. The all-inclusive was great and good value for money but the food was a little tired and boring. They had diffn themes for dinner serving Mexican and Chinese on diffn nights but it was very average. The rooms were a little tired looking and this place definitely needed some renovation. The gym was a crappy small room which was too hot to exercise in. Overall, the expn was average. I am notsure about the standards of the other hotels but Merit Cove was definitely the worst hotels we stayed in throughout our trip in Cyprus, Turkey, Italy, Switzerland and Slovenia.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2010

Just returned from a fantastic holiday, beautiful weather and amazing hotel. The staff cannot do enough for you, the rooms and bathrooms are lovely and spotlessly clean. The food was incredible and in the afternoon strawberries dipped in chocolate were brought out by the immaculately dressed waiters sheer bliss.Gardens very well kept, but my favourite part was the fantastic decking overlooking the sea, plenty of sunbeds, hammocks, everything you could wish for, we were very very impressed.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank suestapink
Reviewed May 28, 2010

just returned from a 2 week break at this hotel, what an hotel, absolutely fantastic definitely 5 star, food and accomodation excellent! Spotlessly clean, toothepaste and toothebrushes provided, shaving foam and blades etc, everything you need, even slippers! Kyrenia, we found a little disappointing, but our holiday overall was fantastic, definitely a hotel to highly recommend. Hotter than we expected 36 but plenty of sun umbrellas. Suleyman our rep was very informative and helpful, and a pleasure to meet.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank trishGb
Reviewed April 6, 2010

Had a very bad experience at this hotel due to building works. Dont use for at least a couple of months and be sure to never use A1Cyprus.com, they take your money but dont care if you couldnt use one of your rooms. Angie Mills form A1Cyprus.com just fobs you off with crap and does not care that they did not provide what was promised. Having said that the Hotel would probably be quite a nice one once all the works are completed!

Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Nickcyprus
Reviewed March 11, 2010

I`ve steyed at the hotel for a short time, but that will remain in my memories for the rest of my life. That was my first visit to Cyprus. I fell in love with the hotel at the very moment i saw it, it is a nice, cosy place. It has a very mild atmosphere so it helps to relax entirely. The servise is just great, the staff is very attentive but not annoying.

I only wish i could make my little trip there longer.
A perfect place for a romantic adventure.
Have fun.