“To clarify”

Grida Fish Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 275 Restaurants in Kyrenia
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Grida fish restaurant; with a rich menu consisting of seafood, it is primarily a family business that offers healthy and delicious products. Major main dishes; lagos grilled and casserole, fried red mullet, sea bass grilled cutlet, sea bass flet grilled, amberjack skewers, swordfish skewers, jumbo prawn, prawn casserole, seafood casserole, also 15 types of cold appetizers (olive oil with anchovies, seebass marineted,solt bonito,olive oil octopus, octopus pickles , fish bacon, pickled prawns,plus lots more) and 8 kinds of hot appetizers (fish pancakes, seafood crepe, fish balls, fried mussels in butter, fried calamari, prawn butter and garlic ...) has a delicious kitchen.
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I already reviewed this restaurant in May but feel I should reply to some of the recent unfair reviews on here.

1) Yes it is on a main road many of the reviews state that.
If that escaped you then you might notice the location of the restaurant as you pull up from the MAIN ROAD. There are several fish restaurants on the harbour which is a nicer location but with the slight drawback of the good being from average to dreadful.

2) If you are too hot outside why not ask to be seated inside?

3) My girlfriend and I tried 8 different dishes over our 2 visits and found them all top notch. We don't often eat in Weatherspoons so can't comment on their Calamari but we do often eat in Michelin starred restaurants in London so whilst I wouldn't call ourselves experts we do enjoy good food such as this restaurant serves. Maybe the Calamari being fresh wasn't to your taste?

4) Re the parking we parked in the Lemar car park (on same side of the road as Cratos) it's a 3 minute walk. I wasn't sure what the deal was with the parking and being a Londoner don't usually expect to park next to my table.

5) When we eat there it was quiet and the service was very good.
Being a 2 person operation I can imagine the service being slower when busy.
Problem is it seems the trade is hit and miss so I can understand the reluctance to hire extra staff when there is a fair chance they may have one customer. Times are hard and restaurant do struggle to survive. Hopefully people will have the common sense to ignore silly reviews and make this restaurant busy and they will take on more waiting staff to cope.

3  Thank greg c c
ali kemal s, Sahibi at Grida Fish Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Esteemed guest,
I think it is a very long time to write to you. We were very happy we read your review. I can not write like you to our other guests. Maybe they'd get me wrong. but you've also observe us well. Thank you for us to insightful and humanist thought. For us, all of our guests is a pleasure to serve.
With every good wish,
Grida balik fish restaurant

There are newer reviews for Grida Fish Restaurant

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Four of us visited this restaurant on our ecent holiday after reading the reviews on trip advisor.
Perhaps it was the weight of those reviews that had raised our expectations but when we got to the Grida Balik we found just a little disappointing.
Firstly, we were sat outside which is on the main road.... the noise of the traffic was off putting as was the searing heat even at the end of the day. Inside under the aircon would have been our preferred option.
The food was ok... but nothing special and the service is a little slow. It was ok when we were the only ones eating but when a few more arrived the service slowed as this appears a two person operation.
I went away thinking what do folks see in this that sets it above other fish restaurants in Kyrenia?
The owners are pleasant enough and polite and the complinentary desert is a nice touch. My Groupa was ok, one of us had deep fried squid that couldn't be separated from that served in the local Weatherspoons but my wife enjoyed the prawns and the sea bass.
OK is how I rated it.... but nothing better than that.
Overwhelming after thought remains.... why such hype?

1  Thank Big_Ginge1960
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Situated opposite the Cratos Hotel on the main Catalkoy-Kyrenia road Grida Fish Restaurant exceeded our expectations.

As you might expect fish is the main dish here. All the food was fresh, nicely presented and of very good quality. Service was attentive but no overly so. Empty plates were collected after each course which is as it should be.

This is, for North Cyprus, a premium restaurant so not cheap, but considering the quality of the food on offer and the service provided by the owner the prices were very reasonable.

Oh, and a very important consideration. My coke was served perfectly cold with no huge icebergs in the glass, no superfluous lemon wedge and had more fizz than a stick of dynamite.

13-grida-13, Sahibi at Grida Fish Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2014

Esteemed guest,
Thank you very much for your rewiev . We are always to serve you in mind. We want to serve you again.
Grida balik fish restaurant

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Decided to try this restaurant after all the good reviews on here but have no idea what they see about this place. Yes it is easy to find but there is only parking for 3 cars. Yes the staff were very pleasant but there were quite lengthy waits between courses, an extra pair of hands would have made all the difference. It's a fish restaurant but much of the menu was not available and we ended up with a fish we had never heard of and when we asked about it were told "it is fish". Sorry but even the free dessert couldn't make me rate this any more than a 3

2  Thank Cathy2411
ali kemal s, Sahibi at Grida Fish Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

dear visitors, thank you for writing,
So I'm sorry that you have written is not about the meals. I can not review what you eat so that you have not written. your comment is not helpful to me and other visitors. You misspelled. Quantity in our car park, garden, the front side of the seven units, five units at the back of the garden there are parking lots. This is the right fish restaurant. Menu, the 12 cold start, warm start 7, 14 have a main course. Which of these meals you eat and what you dislike. Our sweet tradition of hospitality in our restaurant. not to give you a good grade.
Grida balık fish restaurant

Reviewed August 15, 2013

After reading trip advisor we decide upon this restaurant. It's a little drive out of Kyrenia so a car or taxi a must. The restaurant was located on the roadside opposite a casino/hotel, the road was very busy and noisy.

We had a warm and friendly welcome from the husband and wife team. We were seated in the outdoor area and promptly given a menu. Drinks ordered and dually arrived along with warm bread and dips (oil and basaltic vinegar, garlic butter and olives)

We ordered starters of calamari and prawns. The calamari was very chunky and a lot of batter, tasted ok but a bit greasy. The prawns were in a baked sauce, tomato based. This was very tasty. The owner brought more bead to go with the starters.

For the main event we ordered the sea bass de-boned and filleted, and a Atlantic cod in a Mediterranean sauce (lemon, parsley, garlic and a dash of chilli) both fish was cooked to perfection, came with fried potatoes and a side of salad with dressing. Best cooked fish we have had on the North side of Cyprus.

We were then brought complimentary desert of apple and cinnamon baklava which was an in-house speciality, lovely. We ordered coffee, a choice of Turkish or Nescafé. The Nescafé was very strong.

Overall a lovely evening with some every good fish. Total Bill 110.00 TL

1  Thank Heidi G

Dear visitors, Thank you for your comment.
We were very happy to go over a nice evening in North Cyprus. We will always be happy for services you .
Grida balık fish restaurant