I already reviewed this restaurant in May but feel I should reply to some of the recent unfair reviews on here.
1) Yes it is on a main road many of the reviews state that.
If that escaped you then you might notice the location of the restaurant as you pull up from the MAIN ROAD. There are several fish restaurants on the harbour which is a nicer location but with the slight drawback of the good being from average to dreadful.
2) If you are too hot outside why not ask to be seated inside?
3) My girlfriend and I tried 8 different dishes over our 2 visits and found them all top notch. We don't often eat in Weatherspoons so can't comment on their Calamari but we do often eat in Michelin starred restaurants in London so whilst I wouldn't call ourselves experts we do enjoy good food such as this restaurant serves. Maybe the Calamari being fresh wasn't to your taste?
4) Re the parking we parked in the Lemar car park (on same side of the road as Cratos) it's a 3 minute walk. I wasn't sure what the deal was with the parking and being a Londoner don't usually expect to park next to my table.
5) When we eat there it was quiet and the service was very good.
Being a 2 person operation I can imagine the service being slower when busy.
Problem is it seems the trade is hit and miss so I can understand the reluctance to hire extra staff when there is a fair chance they may have one customer. Times are hard and restaurant do struggle to survive. Hopefully people will have the common sense to ignore silly reviews and make this restaurant busy and they will take on more waiting staff to cope.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.