“Old fashioned and quirky, perfect location two star hotel for the brave”
Review of Nostalgia Hotel

Nostalgia Hotel
Ranked #8 of 20 Kyrenia B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Went on cheap deal with Voyages Jules Verne. Nostalgia is very short walk from harbour and all restaurants. Had hire car and in November can park nearby. Breakfasts buffet hot and cold fruit etc, good and plenty of it. Only our party of 8 there and one couple flooded out of bedroom, however we had 4 evening meals in as part of deal and real Turkish food, bland but OK. Bits really are falling off but if you are brave worth it for location. We enjoyed it. Staff are mainly Pakistani and do everything to help and we left a good tip.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gordonberkhamsted

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Just spent 10 days at the Nostalgia Hotel. Not enough hot water for both of us to shower on 4 days out of the first 6. No water at all one night. Safe and mini-fridge in our room didn't work. Got replacement mini-fridge after 3 days. Plugged TV in and the plug was flashing so didn't try again. Dining room flooded, and other guests had to move rooms as their rooms also flooded. Woken up at 3am one morning by water pump on roof screeching. Had to go downstairs and wake the night manager to sort it. One morning the plates of footd were obviously from the previous day, so didn't eat that any more. Food didn't look appetising. General appearance of building was that it was run down and on its last legs.

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Anne O
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Read some reviews and thought it could be a fun and quirky place to stay at, on our first visit to Cyprus.
Started with a few days at a friends house, then left happy to stay in the centre. How wrong we were...
The hotel is completely run down, everything is hanging loose' soon to be broken, or already is, the carpets was so dirty that I didn't even wanna put our bags on them, less our feet, had booked 9 nights!,,
It's supernoisy as well, party in the street until at least 3 am.
Got out after one night, could not stand it, and its even recommended in Lonely Planet which is normally very reliable. So please don't go, possibly new Pakistani owners since the good reviews in 2009-2011.
Hated every second of that 20 h stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bibsen
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed here as part opf a Voyages Jules Verne package and were very disappointed: no pleasant views, no hot water, temperamental light in the bathroom, noisy some nights as cars roared round the adjacent streets into the early hours, squash, not juice and breakfast, and undrinkable tea and coffee, and the whole place looking rather worn out. I believe its been up for sale for ages and no money has been spent on it for years. Most nights only our party of seven was staying there and I guess independent travellers found more appealing options (e.g. the nearby Atlantis with good views over the harbour). If you were paying Euro 20 to 30, then it would all be fair enough but not for a near top dollar tour such as we had. Despite what their adverts say, there was no functioning restaurant (we were given set meals as a group) or bar

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Geoff B
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I was aware that this hotel was not a luxury option, but was assured that it would have character. If by character it meant cracked toilet bowls, rotting wood, dirty tumblers and furniture which would have been OK in a student flat in the 1960's then this is what you got. Plus noisy air conditioning, no views and poor and unimaginative food. It is hard to think of anything positive to say about the hotel apart from its position in the centre of Kyrenia which was a plus point. Luckily as I was part of a super group of people the holiday was not spoilt and Kyrenia and the neighbouring countryside was lovely.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main part of the hotel, these fractionally better.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I stayed at the Nostalgia for a week at the end of December 2011 as a member of a walking party. I found the hotel characterful, quirky and interesting and my room (single - No 15) was a reasonable size, clean and comfortable with an excellent shower (once I had figured out how to get it working - same goes for the heater!!). The rooms varied considerably. Most were affected by some kind of noise (mine was affected by street noise and the muezzin from the mosque - but that didn't cause me any upset personally). Some were affected by problems with showers, heating etc. The staff were friendly and helpful - one of our group arrived hungry at 2:30am after a night out and she was provided with some chicken casserole! Breakfasts were simple self service with a good choice of hot and cold items. I didn't sample the offerings of the restaurant, I understand it was perfectly acceptable, but not inspired. I don't know the room prices, but I presume that they are quite cheap and as such I consider the hotel to be very acceptable. I would be happy to stay there again. Locally, it is convenient for the shops and there are excellent restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: My room (15) was a good single room. I heard that the Heritage rooms were very good. One person in...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
7  Thank T0nyB
Reviewed December 5, 2011

This hotel lived up to most of the reviews I read before arriving!It was interesting everyone had a different room , and this became a focus for conversation during the week . Food was good . Property was clean and generally well maintained

• Stayed: November 2011
6  Thank Elizabethmcc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kyrenia
Dome Hotel
#13 of 30 in Kyrenia
Oscar Resort Hotel
Oscar Resort Hotel
#12 of 30 in Kyrenia

Been to Nostalgia Hotel? Share your experiences!