“Wow wow wow”

Midsummer
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2013

To anyone thinking of going to this
Resturant go. As titled wow me my
Wife and my son visited there twice during our stay in north Cyprus will be going back next year .the service is great the food is beautiful the surroundings are very pleasant and very clean and the owner's are very helpful to. Locking forward to going back. The Bradley's....

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Lovely setting as you walk in We were made to feel very special. The food and service excellent. We were not rushed and a very relaxing atmosphere.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Guided by tripadvisor, we chose Midsummer when treating our visitors from the USA to a special meal out one evening this week. I wished we had gone elsewhere, as the overall experience was not positive. The grounds and setting were outstanding and there were many good elements to the meal (for example, the lemon sorbet served before the main course was excellent) but the management's attitude to some negative feedback about the food was appalling and left us with a bad overall impression of the restaurant. When the manager came to our table to ask if everything was fine with our main courses, we had to be honest and say that the meat in the Beef Wellingtons was tough. He did offer to cook fresh steaks but we declined, as our guests were already part way through their meals and we also figured that, as there were two of us struggling with the fillet steak, the same problem would exist with the replacement steaks. One of our guests had chosen pork medallions and they were tough, too. The manager's attitude then changed for the worse and he steered clear of us for the rest of the time we spent there. We ate very little of our main courses and none of us felt inclined to try a dessert, as we'd been made to feel uncomfortable.

There was no offer of a discount off the meal or any other form of compensation. Not wishing to make a fuss in front of our visitors, we decided to just pay the 300TL bill and leave. I must add that the waitress had been really good, despite the awkward situation, and any poor score in relation to service is no reflection on her contribution. Fortunately, we enjoyed delicious meals elsewhere this week, so our visitors have returned home with an overall positive view of local restaurants.

1  Thank DJD140215
erdinismail, Owner at Midsummer, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

All I can say is that "you can please most of the people most of the time but you can`t please all of the people all of the time" comes to mind with this reviewer!!
We had tried to accommodate you and your guests during your visit as customer satisfaction is very important to us.
As I am also the Chef,I do my rounds to all our customers after cooking their food.I did not steer clear of you after you complained about the toughness of your steak but returned to my duties and checking other customers and left the normal waitress duties to our waitress that you were happy with.

Of your party, 2 plates were clear except half a pork escalope ( not medallion) and the other 2 about half eaten with about third of the steaks left.After offering to replace your meals without any fuss and it didn`t have to be another steak,it could have been anything else, which you declined,I & another kitchen staff tested a piece of the so called tough steak in the kitchen and hey presto!! it was very tender,this also was the opinion of all the other customers on the evening that enjoyed their steaks & pork escallopes . I didn`t feel giving any discount would have been justified or made these customers any happier.The wellington meals in question is very popular and filling!!

We take our job seriously and customer satisfaction is important to us but in this case there was nothing more we could have done.Sorry,you didn`t enjoy your meal.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We visited Midsummer for Sunday Lunch last week and it was absolutely delicious. So glad we managed to find it - it is well worth it! The whole dining experience couldnt be faulted. We had a beautifully cooked 3 course Sunday lunch followed by coffee and handmade chocolates. It made for a very pleasurable relaxing Sunday afternoon. Would definitely recommend.

1  Thank Monkey115
Reviewed September 24, 2013

The setting was second to nothing we have ever experienced before. Hostess was extremely attentative, food was wonderfully presented and absolutely delicious. Good value for money and well worth a visit. Grounds and pool were very special.. A night that will stay with us for a long time!