“Not quite as good as expected”
Review of Stone Arch - CLOSED

Stone Arch
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We visited in March and even though it was a warm night only inside seating was available. There were only two other couples dining there (foreigners, like us) - not a good sign on a Friday evening.

The menu was quite impressive and the food pretty good, with attentive service. One starter, two mains, a bottle of wine and some soda water plus a Turkish coffee came to TL120. The wines are of good value with quality wines for TL 30 a bottle.

A little disappointing on the whole, largely because there were so few other people there. However, the menu was more European so may not appeal much to Turks. Maybe better when the tourist season is in full flow.

We'll give it another go.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

This restaurant has a large and varied menu. The staff & host are very friendly and attentive. The food is tasty, well cooked, nicely presented and very good value, as are the drinks. This is situated in an old town house in Kyrenia and lacks the views of the other restaurants overlooking the marina, but much better value. Unfortunately we only found the restaurant on our second last night in Kyrenia, but had to go back the following evening for my partners birthday & our last night in Kyrenia as it is so good. We wish we had found it earlier.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

A lovely restaurant, with a very attentive host and staff set in an old town house in the middle of Kyrenia. The hospitality more than makes up for the lack of a view of the marina. Menu is a lot more varied than other restaurants in the town and prices of both food & drink are very reasonable.
Would recommend to anyone looking for a relaxed evening meal.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

My wife and I decided to visit this restaurant after reading trip advisor reviews . Although off the main roads around the harbour area , once found it is certainly worth a visit . The restaurant is well set out and tables are immaculate . Isis was very attentive , without being too intrusive , after ordering our meal I felt ill and Isis again was extremely helpful in making me some mint tea and allowing me to sit in the courtyard area ( in the fresh air ) Unfortunately I was unable to eat my meal , however my wife raved about her lamb chops which were presented beautifully . When the bill arrived i had not been charged for my meal - customer care at its best -!!!!!! .This is a hidden gem of a restaurant with beautifully cooked and presented food . The staff could not have been more helpful , caring and efficient . I would certainly recommend , without hesitation , and hope to return next time in Kyrenia . Two main courses and bottle of wine cost approx £30 .....excellent value for money.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We once again visited this restaurant on our holiday in Girne. We were delighted with the welcome we received and also the good food. On our two visits I had lovely lamb chops served the way I like them cooked ..I had being looking forward to them and I was not disappointed.

1  Thank HeatherHighlands