“Outstanding, Beautiful, Clean and Friendly!! Thank you Mustafa”

and 1 more site!
The Villa Club Hotel
Ranked #19 of 30 Hotels in Kyrenia
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Disregard any poor review you read on trip advisor for the Villa Club Kyrenia. As a family man who works in a very stressful job, I wanted to take my wife and two young girls (11) and (6) on a relaxing holiday where i could completely switch off from life in the UK and enjoy some quality time with the family. Like you are all doing with my review now, I read all the other reviews on the Villa Club and was obviously a little apprehensive when I read the one below par review, from a confusing disgruntled customer. I work as a Regional Manager for the UK's largest Health and Fitness Operator, so top of my list when staying abroad is cleanliness, quality, customer service and standards and believe me, this place over delivered in every single area. The pool is huge and crystal clear (cleaned every single morning by the in-house maintenence man) it had loads of sunbeds and was perfectly safe for my children. I work with swimming pools everyday in my job and to say this one was perfectly maintained is an understatement. The villas were kitted out with everything we needed, but most importantly were immaculately clean and serviced every two days by the housekeepers. Mustafa the owner and his wonderful family, were approachable, nothing was too much trouble and every day he circulates to speak with his guests to check if they are ok. But what capped it for me and made this holiday the perfect holiday for all of us and makes staying here far superior to staying in the nearby hotels is the fact that every morning I walked straight out of a lovely air conditioned villa and straight into the pool and if the kids needed anything or we wanted to sit outside and have lunch it could all be done so quickly, with no hassle.
Attached are a couple of photos, which will show you what a beautiful place it really is.
My only regret about writing this review, is that more people will want to visit this little gem at the bottom of the mountains and it will start to get busier.
N.B Literally every single guest staying at the villa club, have been coming back year after year, which speaks for itself. Mustafa and family, thank you, well done and Ill be back to stay for even longer next year.

Kind Regards

Duncan Spedding of
The Spedding Family, from Northampton UK
(Stayed July1st - July 9th 2012)

Room Tip: All villas were equally as good!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Duncan S

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We have just returned from another great Holiday at the Villa Club. This was our 4th Visit but the first for 3 years. I just love Northern Cyprus, I had forgotten just how much. Mustafa and Alison run the villa club with help from their daughters to a very high standard. We have stayed in two different apartments and 2 mini villas and we have had no complaints about any of them. They make you feel so welcome like part of the family. Over time we have met several couples who return year after year some lucky enough to be able to enjoy 2 separate months each year.

Mustafa is renovating the whole place bit by bit, and even had a new Air Con unit installed in our apartment even though the old one was still functioning ok whilst we were there this time, it took no time at all, all being done whilst we were sunning ourselves by the pool, and as it was reaching up to 38 degrees was much appreciated
The whole place is set in amazing Gardens and Citrus grove, I love the fact that I could go and pick a lemon for my G&T.

Our apartment this time, 105, looked out over the pool at the back and the beautiful pond and gardens at the front and was spacious and comfortable, with plenty of storage space, small kitchenette and good bathroom.

We would have no worries about recommending the Villa Club to anyone, and will certainly be returning.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank GMB1
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We had a wonderful experience whilst staying in one of Cyprus Villages' apartments in the beautiful and peaceful.

My husband and me did a round trip in Kyrenia, Cyprus. The people are friendly, the foods are excellent and the house wine delicious. From our room we had a nice view to the private village.

The village has wireless. We checked the emails, with a cup of excellent cypriot coffee, on a terrace overlooking the village, surrounde by orange and lemon trees. It was wonderful.

Mustafa is the owner and he is very helpful.

If you want to relax and enjoy nature and the traditional in Cyprus, The Villa Club is the place to be.

Jenna & Frank

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jenna A
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We have booked 2 large rooms ( 46 QM ) rooms 2,5 months in advance at the very well know big travel Agent ebookers / orbitz. the Agent make the instant confirmation and it is a final confirmation. no need for the further confirmation or etc.
when we arrived to Hotel , Some rooms was still under renovation and they ask us to wait at their office, not at the reception, ok fine. when the owners / manager come to office , we said that we have a reservation for the 2 rooms tonight.
He said to us " well, you know better me that you do not have any reservation for tonight "

I was simple shocked and ask what that means ! He said People from my country make a reservation and never show up. haa never understand the connection as a prepaid Hotel customer. but I surely understand that owner/manager has very big prejudgement and can not hide it from the first second. I simple get angry because the guy was trying to say us , we are lying and we did not reserve the rooms at all. what a nightmare.
After I send him Voucher copies per email, He was still keep saying that we do not have any reservation.at some point he threaten us by not allowing us to stay at the hotel even if we have a reservation. hahhaa. I said no problem , just give me a piece of paper saying I have no reservation at this hotel , I will leave here. and then He start saying us He will check it at the orbitz.com system and it may take 10 min. we said Ok and waited outside the office. 10 min later he came and said to us we still have no reservation. but send the orbitz.com an email , need to wait 10 min. What a trick.He already found our reservation but trying to find another guilty.
I said give me a confirmation paper saying I have no reservation at this hotel, I want to go . but he start to refuse that now.after few minutes later he called me to check the computer screen which only shows orbitz.com with our reservation confirmation but he said to us "I will just confirm it now that is why this problem happened" really ? I called it ignorence of your service.. what a trick. he think that we are small kids. Trick never ends. now he would like to give us small room instead of booked 46 qm rooms , I immediately refuse that and he start to make another trick by offering us a 3 rooms villa which might cost max 100 eur/day instead of our 2 rooms rate 2 x 50 eur =100 eur worth rooms. But calling it as a upgrade . Really ? what is here upgraded ?

hotel management show us their eastern minded customer service from the first second of our arrival. it does not matter if they behave some other customers much better or if they have repeat customer. They should behave to any new customer as a new born baby, but that is absolutely missing at this hotel.
any way after spending stressful 40 min we got the villa . and get too much stress at our 2 days trip to Cyprus.

About the hotel, new summer season is there but still trying to renovate some rooms and noise is there too . too late for renovation. Nobody go there to spend some money to hear renovation noise.

Accept that you might get renovated rooms and Hotel is surrounded with a beautiful lemon trees and nice green areas. But far from Sea , need to cross busy road to reach there. only very small swimming pool not deep enough to enjoy. it is around 10 kms from Girne, without a car too much hassle to reach to city centre. around the Hotel there are no restaurants , may be small shop to buy basic stuff but nothing more than that. ( by the way at the villas the hotel was not supplying soap or shampoo or etc )
I would not recommend that Hotel for holiday at all.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank hoppala007
villaclub, Owner at The Villa Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear Sir,

We are very disapointed and concerned about your review. We do not understand what kind of a nightmare you had here at our hotel. You made a booking with an agency for 1 night. You checked in at 16.00 pm, slept one night and checked out at 08.00 AM the following morning. How could you say that you had 2 days of ruined holiday? You stayed at our hotel exactly 18 hours. How could you learn so much in such a short time, you gave such offensive and extensive review. You are Turkish from Turkey but you written the review in English. Your review purely intended to harm our hotel, targeting our English and European customers. The real truth is that all your comments and accusations are baseless, offensive and bias. You intention is to harm our business and this is unacceptable.

First of all there are 5 restaurants, 2 large supermarkets and 2 sandy beaches within 4 minutes to 10 minutes walk away. (which you probably never walked to) Kyrenia town is not too far at all, its is 15 minutes bus ride away. The deep end of our swimming pool is 9 foot, again you lied about this. There were no renovation work going on at all here at the hotel. You did not even swim in the pool, you did not even use any of our facilites,all you did was to sleep for few hours and check out the following morning at 08.00 AM.

The main reason of the delay at the check was because you could not produce a booking reference number to us. You had pre booked booking with an agency but you did have any sort of papework, a reference number to prove your reservation. If we dont produce this voucher document we do not get paid by the travel agent. So we kindly asked you to wait a few minutes untill we call and confirm your booking with the travel agency. You were very rude and offensive. We offered you cool drinks at the bar while waiting (at no charge). It took 20-25 minutes to confirm your booking with the agency but you very well know that this delay was no fault of our own. It was yours for not producing the booking voucher. Inspite of this we gave you an upgrade without any extra charge because of the delay in check in. We still do not understand what kind of nightmare you had with us. We would like to point out to you again that all of your comments are untrue misleading and bias.

Our averall reviews of our hotel speak for itself. Anyone reading this review especially our regular customers will understand your deliberately manufactured and untrue comments.

Many thanks,

Mustafa Dosemeciler

The Villa Club
(owner)

Reviewed June 3, 2012

We stayed at this beutiful place for 4 nights in May 2012. We didn´t know this hotel before. We just decided to book it according to the hotel website which looked professional to us.
And it was really good choice! The owner of the hotel did his best to make our stay comfortable.
We loved the cozy accommodation in villas surrounded with lemon, oranges trees and various subtropical vegetation. Especilly the mountain view was stunning.
It was 7 min by foot to the nearest beach and to a small supermarket. Lot of local restaurants arround.
We recommend this area for diving in a turquoise and clean sea. However it was a bit windy at this time we really enjoyed our holiday in Villa Club!

Lena&Elemir from Czech Republic

Room Tip: We stayed at a studio at first floor with a mountain/orchard view. It was quiet with sun at the balc...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2012

We were at the Villa Club late December 2011 for 7 nights over the new year. We had a fantastic time.....for what we had paid i think we hit the jackpot. It was so called their winter (17-18C day time, most days sunny, our summer in uk) very quiet and very relaxing. We had our own kitchen and picked lots of oranges lemons and tangarines from the gardens. The room was clean and had lovely balcony with partial sea view. The owners and staff were very helpful and very pleasant. Free internet was also handy! we would recommend this place to any age groups.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 18, 2011

We checked in on 04 December, we loved the place. We picked our own fresh fruits in the morning for our breakfast. Freshley squized oranges and lemons were a treat!! There was a kitchenette in the villa, if we did not fancy cooking there were several good restaurants short stroll away. The rooms were spacious and clean, very welcoming, very nice family, we will return....

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kyrenia
Dome Hotel
#6 of 7 in Lapta
Mountain View Hotel & Villas
Mountain View Hotel & Villas
#1 of 3 in Agios Georgios

Been to The Villa Club Hotel? Share your experiences!