“High quality ingredients, -Attention to detail, -Needs better service!”
Review of Mylos Restaurant

Mylos Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Kakopetria
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We spent 6 nights at the Mill hotel but it was on B/B basis however we had the chance to step by and try the cuisine of the hotel out of curiosity because much fuss has been made for years about the trout served here. Our friends urged us to try it even for once.

I found it ok that time but it was a busy day and the waiters were running like mad from the kitchen to the tables. We were served with not much delay, but I observed that families with children were complaining because they were waiting long to be served.
A group of 8 friends sitting next to us had to wait for more than an hour for their dishes and they started getting furious and wanted to leave.
It is true that the starters are brought almost immediately after you sit but you have to wait long to be served especially during weekends.

The restaurant is on the third floor of the hotel and the view is stunning. (Our room was just below the restaurant).

I tried the trout with garlic, lemon and butter and it was fine….but I admit that I might have eaten a better one. Much fuss is made about this anyway and it seems as if the majority come here to taste this specific dish while there are numerous other dishes to choose from which are just as good, -probably better!
My husband for instance had the fillet steak (big portion) served with a jacket potato and it was delicious. (I tried it myself to check) I can say that prices are reasonable and probably this is one of the reasons why the restaurant is so popular. I am sure the ingredients are of high quality and the management pays attention to detail….or at least this is its aim.

I was impressed with the restaurant’s wine list which was rich and the two glasses of wine I had were really nice -beyond my expectations but I cannot remember the name of the wine at this moment. The aroma was fantastic, and it was served in proper wine glasses and the temperature was as it should have been.

I highly recommend this restaurant, however be sure to reserve a table before coming here especially during weekends. During summertime you see many locals coming to the mountains where the climate is cooler and Kakopetria is not very far from Nicosia where especially during summer the days and even nights are really hot and humid. In winter on the other hand Kakopetria is popular with skiers and again the restaurant is fully booked during weekends.
I long to be back!

2  Thank greekcypriot2009

Reviewed September 16, 2012

You cant deny this restaurant has an amazing view! was really excited to try it after reading the reviews on here and turning up to find we were lucky to get a table without reservation. Expectations were high but unfortunately we found the food average, nothing special, worth a visit but probably just the once.

2  Thank zoestylianou
Reviewed August 18, 2012

The food and service was excellent. Prices are reasonable. Possibly the best trout we ever eaten.Must make reservation because is usually very crowded.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

The menu in the restaurant had a variety of food for everyone, good wine and especially good service. You will need to make a reservation, in advance, for the restaurant, as it gets fully booked.

1  Thank Katina I
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Perfect Perfect Perfect! Would go there again anytime. Food cooked perfectly and atmosphere was very relaxed. you get your steak cooked EXACTLY as your ordered it!