“A night to remember!”

Tziellari Argentina Cyprus Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 18 Restaurants in Kakopetria
Cuisines: Argentinean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Argentine and Cyprus dishes. Empanadas, chorizos, pastel, great fillets and Rib eye and chicken from Argentina,Malbec wines and Quilmez beers,and much more you may enjoy in the beautiful atmosphere of our lovely 220 year old building. Bienvenidos!
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed in Troodos for the weekend and on Saturday night, made a last minute decision to have dinner in Kakopetria. We called up 2 restaurants, which we have been before, but both were fully booked. We had a look on trip advisor and saw some good reviews for the 'Tziellari' so decided to check it out. I must admit that I was rather surprised to find out that there is an Argentinian restaurant in Kakopetria - of all places. I don't know of any other Argentinian restaurant on the island.

We arrived at the restaurant only to see that the place was empty which we thought was rather ominous for a Saturday night. At first we were rather reluctant to go in but we were greeted by a very friendly Georgia, one of the restaurant Owners. The ambiance of the restaurant was very nice with lots of Argentinian memorabilia and a fireplace. We sat down and looked through the menu before Victor, the very cheerful, delightful Argentinian Chef who wears his heart on his sleeve (and other restaurant Owner) came in and greeted us with some leaflets and brochures on Argentina. They both made us feel very welcome in what was a very cozy, relaxed and warm atmosphere.

Although the menu has a combination of both Cypriot and Argentinian cuisine we ordered a variety of Argentinian tapas type dishes only, as we wanted to try something different. The food was delicious especially the Empanadas and the Argentinian sausages. Lots of different and unique flavours and just something different that you don't get every day.

Throughout the evening both Georgia as well as Victor spent a lot of time speaking to us and it was almost like we were sitting in their own kitchen having dinner with them. We got to know them both quite well. Victor has many great stories of his time in the Argentinian army and of his time in Argentina which was very interesting to hear.

Thank you Georgia and Victor for a very pleasant evening. We will visit you again. I need to try one of the steaks next time round :)

1  Thank Bobbeyv

Reviewed December 22, 2013

The food was perfect, the environment warm, the owners extremely kind, the wine was amazing. Neither cheap nor expensive! I loved it..." The life is too short to drink bad wine!"

Reviewed November 8, 2013

We have been here three times now and been pleased each time.

It is a small place at the end of the steep and narrow street with Kakopetria's 'Terrible Rock' at the bottom. It is best to park the car and walk up the hill, so you need to be fit enough for the climb.

It is worth the effort, the food is different and rather better than the usual Cypriot fare. The meat is generally imported from Argentina, the proprietor/chef's home. We have found the beef and lamb to be very good and the home made sausages to be exceptionally good. It is generally cooked in an Argentinian style with traditional sauces. Salads were very fresh and there was a good selection of imported wines.

The seating is rather haphazard and one must expect the strictures of an adapted traditional mountain cottage.

The proprietor and his wife are very friendly and helpful.

We are pleased to recommend it to those looking for something out of the humdrum.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I went to this restaurant with my family, and another family in September 2013. Once we got there, we were put on one table in the corner, which was a little squishy, but not too bad. When a friend requested that herself and I sit at the table next to it, she was told we couldn't as the table was reserved. Yet the restaurant was empty, and no one came in while we were dining there.

Once we got to ordering, I took one look at the menu and wished I had brought a sandwich or a snack with me. Being a fussy eater didn't help the fact that there were a few Argentinean dishes, a few Cypriot dishes, and maybe a kids menu. I had to order the pasta, with kids menu sauce.

I think I got the kid sized portion as well, as the pasta didn't fill my appetite at all. My dad got a completely different meal than he had ordered, and had to wait for another one to be cooked.

Also, during our time at this "amazing" restaurant, we must have heard plates/glasses smashing at least 3 times.

I remember the toilets were clean though. Also the dining area seemed cozy. Just be careful not to bump into a waiter on the way to the toilet.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend visiting here.

1  Thank Idek_Its_Myracle
Reviewed October 28, 2013

A warm , hospitable place with delicious plates situated at the most picturesque part of beautiful Kakopetria village. The people of Tziellari create their plates with care for their guests and, above all, they use the secret ingredient : their heart ! A definite 5 star experience and a place where great food lovers should become regulars!