We have been staying at this hotel for the past three weeks. The hotel has a five star rating which is deserved for the amenities on offer but the hotel is very isolated and a car is essential as there is nothing outside the hotel to go to other than Roman ruins worth a visit but they are about three kilometers away.. There are a couple of excursions on offer but they are quite expensive. Our car was booked over the internet from England and I can thoroughly recommend PACIFIC CAR RENTAL. The car was delivered to us at the hotel on time and at a very cheap rate.
The staff at the hotel are very friendly and the food is plentiful with a good variety of dishes however it was never very hot which was disappointing.
Now the bad points, for the first two weeks we were plagued with young children running riot around the hotel and restaurant shouting screening and running around late into the evening. Not so bad during the day but to sit in the bar area and have a quiet drink in the evening became impossible. The hotel management seemed unable or unwilling to put a stop to it despite many complaints. The moral of this is to check when the Turkish children have there school holidays before booking.
We had room 1742 overlooking the pool with a good view of The Mediterranean Sea a nice room but the plumbing was atrocious. There was no water to flush the toilet during the night and early morning or to have a shower but by mid morning the water was flowing again. ( the hand basin was not affected and water was flowing normal MOST nights) We reported this several times to reception but nothing was done. We resorted to filling the waste bucket with water from the hand basin to flush the toilet not what you expect from a five star hotel.
All in all we enjoyed our stay but will not be going back I suppose that if you only pay a three star price for a five star hotel then something's you have to put up with but Our next holiday will be to an adult only hotel.
I give this hotel three stars it would be five if they address the points made here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 5 star resort hotel in centre Famagusta, Northern Cyprus. Just 40 minutes transfer time from Ercan Airport, the Salamis Bay Conti Hotel overlooks the golden sands of Salamis Bay, ideal for water sports - or just sunbathing! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with cyprus paradise so you can book your Salamis Bay Conti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salamis Bay Conti Famagusta
- Salamis Bay Conti Cyprus/Famagusta