Didn't realise the flight would be so long time wise, plane was fine, drinks cost inconsistant but hey we were on holiday so we put up with that one, the drop down in Turkey was a pain and put an extra 2 hours on the day so day 1 of the 7 day holiday was writen off. The baggage control in Cypress was brill compared with the shambles at the more experianced Manchester airport. Met the rep on the bus, nice guy but the meet was brief, not much better the following day when he was delayed due to extensive road alterations outside the hotel, after that we didn't see him again until the last night when he popped in to give us the return times..
The room we were given was at the far end of the complex, it was clean and adequate but not suitable for my wife who has difficulty walking, I did ask for a change but was advised that the hotel was full and that maybe they could look at this later in the week. At that point we gave in, after all a week isn't so long ? I guess you pays your money and takes your chance. Well yes the holiday was a reasonable cost, we didn't come expecting 5 star service but we did expect value for money. We got, reasonable food, very much the same each evening, I compliment the chief because I believe he was working to a very tight budget and struggling, but nevertheless the variety was pretty poor, there wasn't even ice cream on offer..
There was no entertainment, unless you count the anics of the resident kitten / cat who pestered the life out of the guests.
The hotel lacked any kind of personality, come 9pm most of the guests had gone to bed, probably out of despair. We were promissed a Turkish night and a Barbeque during the week, still waiting on that one I'm afraid.
We hired a car which proved to be the best move we made during the week, it at least gave us a chance to get away and see some of the surrounding land, but I would say be carefull, one of the guests had a brakedown which I understand became a bit of a shambles
I would love to say this was a fanatstic holiday, but it wasn't, the beach was in very poor condition, the beach beds were in the most cases broken, the pool was unkempt, the weather indifferent, in short pretty poor overall.
Add to the fact that we had to get up for a 4.30am collection for the trip to the airport only to get to the next hotel pickup point before the bus broke down and had to wait an hour for a replacement bus.
And as a footnote, some 20+ people on our flight had to be flown to Stanstead and bused back to manchester because the airline had over booked
Sad to say i will not be making a return visit any time soon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Long Beach Club is a four star resort. It is positioned directly on a spectacular beach at Salamis Bay, near Famagusta, in Turkish Republic of North Cyprus (TRNC). We are a boutique resort, offering a far more intimate environment than the larger hotels and a more personal service, whilst never intruding on a guest’s desire for privacy. The resort is set in beautifully lush grounds, surrounded by palm trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Long Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Beach Hotel Famagusta
- Long Beach Resort Cyprus/Famagusta