“Great Food. Strike Four!”
Review of Restaurant Maree

Restaurant Maree
Reserve a table
Bookatable
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Vaduz
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: 16 points Gault Millau and numerous awards from Gourmet magazines. Whether a festive menu or stylish business lunch, Hubertus Real and his culinary team produce unique delicacies, inspired by nature and the season.
Reviewed August 8, 2017

We loved every course. We were bothered by several things though. People in T-shirts. Dogs at the table next to us that began barking at the desert cart; A man talking loudly on his cell phone at a table nearby; A cigar smoker nearby that chain smoked for nearly 2 solid hours. We would have enjoyed our dinner much more had there been a dress code, a ban on animals, a ban on smoking and reasonable courtesy involving cell phone usage. By the way, several of these offenses were committed by the same table / person. Strike Four! You're Out! How I wish I could have yelled that!

Date of visit: August 2017
2  Thank Road-Lifer
Hubertus R, Manager at Restaurant Maree, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2017

Dear Road-Lifer,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. We are very sorry to hear, that you couldn`t enjoy your stay to the fullest. We do allow dogs and smokers outside on the terasse. It is expressly not permitted to speak on the phone in the restaurant area. We are very sorry that in your case nobody made this specific guest aware of it. In the summertime we - and only on the terasse- allow our guests to wear a collared short-sleeved shirt. Nevertheless we do hope that you will come back on day and you give us a chance to fully satisfy you. Warm regards - your Sonnenhof Team.

Write a reviewReviews (265)

Reviewed August 2, 2017

Best view in the country with creative dishes and attentive service. The 12-member staff are from 11 different nations.

1  Thank RickAdamsABC

Dear RickAdamsABC,
Thank you very much for your outstanding rating and comment. It is a great pleasure, that you enjoyed your stay with us so much - and our international team. We are looking forward to welcoming you again. Your Sonnehof Team.

Reviewed August 1, 2017 via mobile

We booked a 2 nights golf and gourmet package with half board at park hotel sonnerhof where Marée is the restaurant. Having dinner at Marée both nights was wonderful . We had a 5 course dinner which was absolutely fantastic. It was a so tastful dinner - normally I would always use salt and pepper - here it did not cross my mind - everything was made to perfection. Food, drinks, service and environment . So was the hotel - perfection in everything

Date of visit: August 2017
Hubertus R, Manager at Restaurant Maree, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2017

Dear HelleBK,
i want to thank your from my heart for those wonderful words. It is a great pleasure for all of us to hear that you have enjoyed your 2 night stay with us so much. Its compliments like yours that drive us to work hard every day to give our best to make our guests happy and try to create an unforgettable experience. We are looking forward to spoil you soon again. Warm regards - The Sonnenhof Team

Reviewed July 23, 2017

We discovered the restaurant whilst exploring Vaduz and were taken with the terrace views, so decided to book for the evening (essential as we discovered). When we arrived for our meal it was clouding over and they decided to let us have cocktails on the terrace, but eat indoors. We were not rushed at all, even though the cocktails took us way beyond our original booking time. The waiter/resses were very friendly and the food was delicious. Although it was not cheap, the quality justified the price. The cheese board stood out for us- truly delightful.

Dear chaletaria,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review. Unless you are beyond the kitchen closing time, it is more important to us that you can truely enjoy yourself with a nice drink, than the actual booking time. The whole Sonnenhof Team is very pleased about your wonderful words. We are looking forward to welcoming you in the future. Warm regards - Your Sonnenhof

Reviewed July 15, 2017

En route from Lindau, Germany, to Lucerne, Switzerland, my family decided to stop in Lichtenstein for lunch and were tempted by the Michelin star rating of La Maree. We drove up to find a breathtaking view of a terraced restaurant overlooking a lush, green valley on one side and the private residence of the royal family of Lichtenstein on the other. To say we were excited was an understatement. Although we thoroughly enjoyed our lunch, there were too many misses in the service to warrant the Michelin Star rating this restaurant earned. Here are a few:
• Our table of 3 diners was set up to have 2 diners face the parking lot and only 1 diner face the spectacular view. Other tables were set similarly to face the parking lot instead of the valley.
• My white napkin was not replaced by a dark one to avoid contrasting lint from getting on my dark dress.
• No amuse bouches were offered to our table.
• Service was slow and indifferent. The incorrect appetizer was brought to me. Instead of clearing other starters and presenting them together, my dining companions ate while I stared at them and left me to eat my starter alone, 15 minutes later.
• Plates did not arrive with proper cloches. Instead, they had aluminum warmers as one would find in a hospital.
• We were left to refill our wine glasses on more than one occasion. Our server initially looked up but was happy to allow us to serve ourselves the rest of the meal.
Aside from these misses in service, the food was, for the most part, delicious. My son had a homemade linguini with butter that was one of the best items any of us had tasted. My fried seabass with citrus chutney on Asian cabbage was similarly remarkable and my husband thoroughly enjoyed both his bouillabaisse (again, one of the best we have tried) and his veal. The only disappointment was my starter of chilled apricot-jasmine tea soup with lardon crostini. Since it was nothing I had ever before encountered, I had to try it. The soup was sickeningly sweet. The apricot so overpowered the dish, there was no detection of the tea. Instead of cleansing the palate and inspiring my hunger for the rest of the meal, it did the opposite. My appetite was completely lost. Sometimes, when dishes sound so unusual they have not been done before, I suppose it’s for a reason. Maybe this could have worked as a dessert soup but definitely not as a starter. The house white wine was so spectacular that we each had two glasses and the rest of the wine menu offered many choices. Overall, we really enjoyed our lunch which, with a bottle of Nuits St. Georges, totaled CHF 488.

2  Thank Stef M