“Can they afford?”

Reserve a table
Bookatable
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Vaduz
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: 16 points Gault Millau and numerous awards from Gourmet magazines. Whether a festive menu or stylish business lunch, Hubertus Real and his culinary team produce unique delicacies, inspired by nature and the season.
Reviewed October 12, 2016 via mobile

What was supposed to be a 5***** review, just lost 1* in the last moment. "Our kitchen is closed since 15min" is not a comment a guest already sitting at a table should ever hear in a Relais & Chateau.

Special Moments are unforgettable... says the advertising card on the table - just make sure it is a positive memory!

Date of visit: October 2016
2  Thank CenturionMember
Hubertus R, Manager at Restaurant Maree, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2016

Dear CenturionMember,
Thank you for your comment. Unfortunately we couldn’t make you really happy because we already closed the kitchen, before you wanted to order an additional dish! I have to add, that this is a standard which applies to every guest at every time in our restaurant and it has never been changed. As it says on the website and as our reservation staff informs every guest who makes a reservation, the kitchen closes at 13.30 sharp. It’s not, that we don’t make any exceptions… we also have offered you the same dish, only that we would have cut the beef in two pieces (to reduce the cooking time)…but you refused stubbornly. We are doing everything to make our guests happy, from our deepest heart, but if someone is not willing to take it, we cannot help. So it was not the matter of these 15 minutes, it is more the way you ignored our willing to help. Anyhow thank you very much for your visit and hopefully we have once the chance to serve you during our opening hours.
Hubertus Real.

Write a reviewReviews (265)

Reviewed October 3, 2016

We had dinner here one night while staying at the hotel. The food was excellent, as was the service. The mother of the chef (it appears the hotel and restaurant are family-run) stopped by to chat with us a bit. Though it was dark while we dined here, during daylight hours the views would be marvelous. We appreciated that the chef was very accommodating of vegetarians, with a separate vegetarian menu available. We had a reservation and I would recommend making one prior to dining here (we simply e-mailed the hotel to obtain one). Be sure to get soup; it was our favorite part of the meal (parsley soup for him and mushroom-cauliflower soup for me).

Dear Anna P
What a great review! It is wonderful that you took the time to write such wonderful words and that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We do have indeed a separate menu for our vegetarian guests – as it is very important to us to make every single one of our guests content and happy. Hopefully we will have the chance to welcome you soon again. Warmest regards from the whole Sonnenhof Team.

Reviewed September 27, 2016

When you dine at a fine Michelin Starred Restaurant you expect pricey but excellent food. This is a restaurant suitable for special occasions such as birthdays or anniversaries - not a casual dinner out. The service was outstanding and the food and local wine was excellent.

Dear DrJHBickel
Thank you for your stunning review. We strive to make every guests' experience a memorable one. I am pleased to hear you had an amazing time with us, and hopefully, it won't take you long to welcome you back. Kindest regards, your Sonnenhof Team

Reviewed September 6, 2016 via mobile

The setting is just amazing. Views exceptional. Property exceptional. Food was excellent. I enjoyed very heavy local dishes that were prepared so carefully and so refined; nothing heavy about them at all. The deer consume with the calve liver dumplings was so delicious and so refined, not heavy at all. The saddle of the veal as well was so refined and not heavy at all. Cheese was just ok, could be served warmer, and a higher quality. Experience was very good. Service was very good but not as refined as the food.

1  Thank 147rjd

Dear RJ D,
We are very delighted to hear, that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Yes, the view sure is one of our highlights. The less we are happy to hear that you have not enjoyed the cheese plate and that you were not so happy with the service. When it comes to the cheese we try to have as many different high quality cheeses from all over the world – depending on the season of course. So it is a surprise that there was not the right piece for your taste. I would like to apologise for the service, which you didn’t find warm enough to make you feel comfortable. It is very surprising to me and I will definitely get down to the essence of that – as our service is generally one of our characteristics and one of the things that sets us apart.
We hope to welcome you soon again and convince you with our Sonnenhof atmosphere.

Reviewed August 18, 2016

After my wife and I had our wonderful anniversary dinner at the restaurant, we've been back a few times for the fun of it. Sometimes, Marée just happened to be along the way, other times we'd driven to Vaduz specifically for it.

Every single time, the visit was completely worth it. Having reviewed dinner, I thought I'd give you an idea of what you can expect outside dining hours.

Sandwiches - on perfectly crisp bread lies smoked salmon, together with sauce and lettuce, making for a light but satisfying summertime snack. These sandwiches are among the best I've had, my brother claims the same for the salami version.
Cut into three manageable pieces, the salmon sandwich is best enjoyed with a glass of either sparkling water or Laurent-Perrier, for those who needn't drive.

Coupe Mocca - it's definitely on the snack menu! The espresso poured over a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Refreshing and it wakes you up, depending on your caffeine tolerance. Though, if you find yourself on the stunning terrace, under the leaf-like awning protected from the summer sun while a gentle alpine breeze kisses your face, you ought to try...

... Coupe Romanoff. Vanilla ice cream with strawberries and strawberry sauce. This is the dessert of summer. I've had plenty of those, in countless establishments but this is one of the best I've had. My better half shares this opinion and, if I phoned her, my mum would say the same.

Right, you can have a lovely dinner or a casual snack, and I can thoroughly recommend either option.

Go enjoy!

Date of visit: August 2016
Hubertus R, Inhaber at Restaurant Maree, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2016

Dear GBA476,
Thank you for your stunning and detailed review. I am delighted to hear you had such an amazing time once again. It makes us feel very special and blessed to have people like you who come back again and again to visit us.
Also thank you for your time to write such great words.
We cant wait to have you back with us soon and to spoil you again.
In the meantime the whole Sonnenhof Team wishes you all the best and sends warm regards.