“Fantastic hotel!”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Vaduz
Stockholm, Sweden
“Fantastic hotel!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Everything about our stay at the Residence Hotel was well above expectations! The friendly and very helpful staff made sure that we got all the help and advice we needed to explore Liechtenstein - even in the short time we had. The room was excellent in all aspects: great bed, superbly elegant and clean bathroom and even a fantastic array of TV channels! The breakfast was one of the best and well-sorted breakfast buffets of any hotel we have stayed in! Even larger and more famous hotels can't compete! We would warmly recommend the Residence to anyone who wants a superb hotel right in the centre of Vaduz!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AAFEZF
ResidenceHotelVaduz, Manager at Residence Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Residence Hotel. I am delighted to read that we exceeded your expectations! Thank you for your kind remarks about the quality of our breakfast buffet and level of service.

I will certainly share your review with the rest of our team as comments like yours inspire our continuous pursuit of excellence in everything we do.

We look forward to welcoming you back to explore many more wonderful places in and around Liechtenstein.

Kind regards,

Annett Seidel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Without going on too much about Liechtenstein itself, it is a small country that seems so much larger when you're there... except when you're in Vaduz! The "Capital" is fairly small and relatively centred. That said, the Residence is in the middle of it all on 'the main street' close to restaurants, souvenir shops and the museums [it would be hard not to be] and we found the whole area fairly quiet and peaceful.

We had one of the junior suites on the top floor which was very spacious and modern with a patio/balcony area outside and great views of the surrounding mountains. The bathroom was extremely well-equipped with separate Jacuzzi-style bath and walk-in shower with the toilet in a different room all-together. My only real issue was with the bathroom layout that had glass walls, with some opaque sections, creating somewhat of a feeling of being in a gold-fish bowl. The staff were very friendly though and we enjoyed our brief time in the Principality!

Room Tip: The top floor suites were brilliantly appointed and very spacious.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank theoneandonlygary
ResidenceHotelVaduz, Manager at Residence Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. It gives me great pleasure to read that you enjoyed the hotel and the Junior Suite in particular.

The glass walls are a feature the architect of the hotel used throughout the building. The advantage of the glass is the light coming through. It is a very modern and unique feature. Our five suites each have a different layout and perhaps you can try a different suite next time you visit Vaduz.

We would love to welcome you back soon!

Best regards,

Canton of Neuchatel, Switzerland
Reviewed May 9, 2013

It's hard to start with a review without putting on some context. I was in Vaduz for a meeting and when I checked in, I just put my luggage into my room and ran off to the meeting. When I arrived very late at the hotel, the reception wasn't staffed anymore.

So when I discovered traces of dried blood on my pillow and unknows fluids on the sheets, I was pretty disgusted. At that time I was just in a mood to go to sleep, not wake up the entire building. I served in the army, so I'm used to precarious confort.

Next morning, I reported this to the staff and they appologized for that matter. They explained, they have a subcontractor, but they took the responsability and lowered the room rate.

This sad incident and the way it was dealt showed me how good the reception staff was efficient. The day before I already had a glimpse of it during check-in.

The hotel is very well situated in the city centre of Vaduz. My room was pretty big, the bathroom was larger than the european standard and well furnished.

Without this small incident, I would have given a "very good" appreciation without a doubt. So it was perhaps not my lucky day. I will totally consider to stay at the Residence during my next trip in Vaduz, if any.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel, the size of the room and the service at the reception desk. I regret, however, to learn about the inconsistencies you experienced during your visit pertaining Housekeeping services.

I can assure you that this was an exception at our property and does not reflect Residence standards. I immediately addressed the issue with our Housekeeping department and laundry company. Both expressed their deepest concern and will handle inspections more thorough in the future.

I would like to thank you for understanding and being able to look past this incident, still pointing out the positive aspects of your stay. I am also happy to hear that you will consider to stay with us during your next trip to Vaduz. We would like to use this opportunity to show you that this was an exception.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Switzerland
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Excellent hotel in Liechtenstein -- spacious rooms, clean, and great restaurant attached.

It was located very well, with easily accessible parking next door. Only caveat is that the entrance is on basically a pedestrian street, so if you have lots of luggage to move or need mobility assistance, it can be tricky.

Staff was very accommodative, and helpful regarding places to visit around town.

The hotel is not "all-inclusive" like a large Sheraton -- the bar is small, the restaurant is not formally attached to it (for example, the bill for the restaurant cannot be placed on the hotel bill), and I never really bothered to find out whether there was a gym. But the rooms are clean and spacious, staff courteous, and hotel centrally located.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ResidenceHotelVaduz, Manager at Residence Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your comments. I am pleased to read that our team made you feel welcome and well taken care of. I will share your kind words with our staff as this will continue to motivate us.

Regarding accessibility, we have received similar feedback in the past and are taking action. We will soon have a doorman / chauffeur to improve our guests' experience.

As far as the restaurant is concerned, it is separate from us but we are working together. The restaurant, for example, also provides our room service.

Thanks again for your positive feedback.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

You can park outside to unload then must use public car park. I believe this was free. The staff were very courteous and helpful. We stayed here just one night in August. It was hot and no air conditioning which was a surprise. We had 5 rooms one of which was a suite and this did have a/c.

There is no restaurant just a windowless breakfast room. Breakfast was basic but OK. There are restaurants nearby but this is not as convenient as a full service hotel.
The bathroom has a partially frosted glass wall separating it from the bedroom and provides only limited privacy. Our room at the front was a good size and well equipped apart from the lack of a/c. No views to speak of. From the rooms at the front there is the street with early morning activity. The rooms at the back were small and looked out at a near vertical hillside just a few feet away.
I would look for somewhere else to stay next time.

• Stayed August 2012
nashville
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This was my first time staying in Vaduz, as a stopover from my trip to Italy. What a great surprise. Great setup, modern furnishings, friendly staff. Right in the center of everything.

World class sushi in the modern art museum across the way. Saw the Germany Holland match on the megatron
A block away.

• Stayed June 2012
Szczecin, Poland
Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

Located in the city centre, rooms were clean, breakfast was not very fancy. The biggest disadvantage was the temperature. It was hot and there was no fresh air in the room. Open window didn't help. There is no parking. You need to use the public parking and then walk with your luggage

• Stayed August 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vaduz
Parkhotel Sonnenhof
#4 of 5 in Vaduz
Hotel Schatzmann
Hotel Schatzmann
#2 of 4 in Triesen

Been to Residence Hotel? Share your experiences!