“better than average, less than very good, just good !”
Review of Residence Hotel

Residence Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Vaduz
Reviewed May 9, 2013

It's hard to start with a review without putting on some context. I was in Vaduz for a meeting and when I checked in, I just put my luggage into my room and ran off to the meeting. When I arrived very late at the hotel, the reception wasn't staffed anymore.

So when I discovered traces of dried blood on my pillow and unknows fluids on the sheets, I was pretty disgusted. At that time I was just in a mood to go to sleep, not wake up the entire building. I served in the army, so I'm used to precarious confort.

Next morning, I reported this to the staff and they appologized for that matter. They explained, they have a subcontractor, but they took the responsability and lowered the room rate.

This sad incident and the way it was dealt showed me how good the reception staff was efficient. The day before I already had a glimpse of it during check-in.

The hotel is very well situated in the city centre of Vaduz. My room was pretty big, the bathroom was larger than the european standard and well furnished.

Without this small incident, I would have given a "very good" appreciation without a doubt. So it was perhaps not my lucky day. I will totally consider to stay at the Residence during my next trip in Vaduz, if any.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
ResidenceHotelVaduz, Manager at Residence Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel, the size of the room and the service at the reception desk. I regret, however, to learn about the inconsistencies you experienced during your visit pertaining Housekeeping services.

I can assure you that this was an exception at our property and does not reflect Residence standards. I immediately addressed the issue with our Housekeeping department and laundry company. Both expressed their deepest concern and will handle inspections more thorough in the future.

I would like to thank you for understanding and being able to look past this incident, still pointing out the positive aspects of your stay. I am also happy to hear that you will consider to stay with us during your next trip to Vaduz. We would like to use this opportunity to show you that this was an exception.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Annett Seidel

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Excellent hotel in Liechtenstein -- spacious rooms, clean, and great restaurant attached.

It was located very well, with easily accessible parking next door. Only caveat is that the entrance is on basically a pedestrian street, so if you have lots of luggage to move or need mobility assistance, it can be tricky.

Staff was very accommodative, and helpful regarding places to visit around town.

The hotel is not "all-inclusive" like a large Sheraton -- the bar is small, the restaurant is not formally attached to it (for example, the bill for the restaurant cannot be placed on the hotel bill), and I never really bothered to find out whether there was a gym. But the rooms are clean and spacious, staff courteous, and hotel centrally located.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ResidenceHotelVaduz, Manager at Residence Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your comments. I am pleased to read that our team made you feel welcome and well taken care of. I will share your kind words with our staff as this will continue to motivate us.

Regarding accessibility, we have received similar feedback in the past and are taking action. We will soon have a doorman / chauffeur to improve our guests' experience.

As far as the restaurant is concerned, it is separate from us but we are working together. The restaurant, for example, also provides our room service.

Thanks again for your positive feedback.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Annett Seidel

Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

You can park outside to unload then must use public car park. I believe this was free. The staff were very courteous and helpful. We stayed here just one night in August. It was hot and no air conditioning which was a surprise. We had 5 rooms one of which was a suite and this did have a/c.

There is no restaurant just a windowless breakfast room. Breakfast was basic but OK. There are restaurants nearby but this is not as convenient as a full service hotel.
The bathroom has a partially frosted glass wall separating it from the bedroom and provides only limited privacy. Our room at the front was a good size and well equipped apart from the lack of a/c. No views to speak of. From the rooms at the front there is the street with early morning activity. The rooms at the back were small and looked out at a near vertical hillside just a few feet away.
I would look for somewhere else to stay next time.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This was my first time staying in Vaduz, as a stopover from my trip to Italy. What a great surprise. Great setup, modern furnishings, friendly staff. Right in the center of everything.

World class sushi in the modern art museum across the way. Saw the Germany Holland match on the megatron
A block away.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

Located in the city centre, rooms were clean, breakfast was not very fancy. The biggest disadvantage was the temperature. It was hot and there was no fresh air in the room. Open window didn't help. There is no parking. You need to use the public parking and then walk with your luggage

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Hotel is very clean. It was quiet too when we stay there. There's no parking in the hotel. If you will come by car you have to walk to the nearest parking, which is not fare and it's for free during weekends. In the reception girl was very nice but working so slow. It is no ventilation in the rooms, even open windows didn't help. All building is very sultry.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Probably Liechtenstein's best business hotel, well located on the pedestrian mall, adjacent to some tourist shops, art museums and some good restaurants.

It's also international and friendly - I am from Australia via Hong Kong and exotic looking by high alps standards, but they were more than friendly and the frontline people had good English. I didn't spend so much time in the hotel as I was on 3 days business plus 2 days sightseeing weekend while I was there - however my time spent at the hotel was quality:

- good breakfast with a buffet selection and hot coffee on tap
- friendly receptionists with good English who looked like Milla Jovanovich - a Vaduz colleague said that they were probably from Austria which is a 20 minutes drive away
- even though there is no 24/7 reception, there is good security with your smart pass access to lock off the front door of the hotel and each hotel floor
- tasteful use of local art in all public areas
- comfortable rooms and beds, nice decor with extensive use of exotic dark woods - sapelli, teak
- big front windows which open up to views in the alps - even though it was start of June, could see fresh snow fall on the peaks (about 10 km away) after a rainstorm

Things to do

My colleagues went out of their way to show me the sights, and made sure that I got R&R aside from the busy work schedule. Some highlights included:

- dinner accessed by a cable car at a family run restaurant at the top of 1 of the Alpine peaks on the Swiss side about 10 minutes drive from Liechtenstein. Stunning views and excellent swiss food - had veal in a creamy sauce with salad, and a side dish of rosti, washed down with local lager. There was a wedding on that night, and the guests were all dressed up (including some in swiss dresses) and playing some traditional post dinner wedding games - it was a privilege to be there

- dinner at the Swiss vineyards 20 minutes from Vaduz in a castle restaurant at a place called "Schloss Brandis". The food was excellent and done with French influences - had seasonal fare which included asparagus and a pork dish, with a berry fruit salad and local wine. The dining room was medieval with 4 metre high ceilings and stonewalls, and oak wood rafters. Perfect!

- dinner at the Schattenberg castle in Feldkirch, Austria which is 15 kilometres away - very close. First walk around the medieval city and then dine on the huge wiener schnitzel at the castle (the signature dish)

- pizza in a restaurant at Malburn, surrounded by a resort as it is a local ski destination during winter

- shop for local fruit, drinks, fresh bread and swiss chocolates at the local supermarket, a chain called Co-Op across the main street from the hotel

Need a hire car to get around to the many neighbouring sites

Room Tip: get a room looking out at the front of the room to get extensive alpine views - snowcapped peaks ev...