Parkhotel Sonnenhof
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Linde(Schaan)
Hotel Kulm(Triesenberg)
  • Restaurant
All reviewspark hotelwonderful experiencejunior suitespa areapool and saunabeautiful hoteleagles nestspectacular viewsmaree restaurantthere is no air conditioningfood was fantasticexceptional hotelunderstated elegancegrounds are beautifulperfect place to stayvaduz castleswiss alps
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Although it was not very easy fo find the hotel. I confess I would not without a GPS, the hotel is very nicely set at the top of the moutains in Lichenstein with a great view of the valley below it and also the the mountains on the other side. We were give a great room with a big terrace and althoug it was winter the room was bright, all decorated in yellow.
The entire hotel is very cozy and has an eye for detail. From the furniture to the Fruits available for the guests with dishes, silveware and very white napkins to be taken to the room. The only downside was the Breakfast Buffet that was not that great. One of the three nights we stayed we were told since there were only 5 guests staying at the hotel, they would not have any Buffet at all. It was deceiving for this kind of a Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MiriamM972
Reviewed March 10, 2012

This was a perfect stop after landing in Zurich from a transatlantic flight before proceeding to a week of skiing. From parking lot entry to our exit, we could not have felt more welcome by the Real family and the hotel staff. I do believe these folks were really glad to see us without being excessive, mechanical or over the top. These folks meant it.

Our junior suite was large and exceptionally comfortable with a large window and door opening to a terrace and incredible views. No trouble relaxing here, as every little quiet comfort and convenience was available.

After some rest there was the dinner that evening with its memorable flavors, textures and creative variations. We’ve stayed in many, many small top-end country inns around the world over 40 years of travel for business and pleasure. To this date there was only one where we made a special trip to return. Now there are two !!! We look forward to our next stay at the Sonnenhof and will go long out of our way to return … soon.

Room Tip: Any junior suite is special.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travelteam69
Reviewed March 9, 2012

When you enter the parking lot, you can see that the clientele of this hotel consists of mainly well-off local and international people, mostly elder as i noticed while dining at the restaurant.
I had a single room, which was nice but nothing extraordinary. Classic design with some antique style furniture.
Bed was good, small bathroon, room was ok sized but not roomy.
Breakfast fine.
I had diner in the "gourmet" restaurant that also seems to have a Michelin star. My assessment is that the food was good but way overpriced for my taste. I had a 3 course menu, relatively small portions plus a glass of wine and a gin-tonic and came up to 100€ bill. That is too much for the quality I received.
Service is excellent though.

Overall the hotel was a good experience but too pricey.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Awesome location, terrific view, friendly staff (special mention to Helmut), delicious food. But the shower space...I am only 1.71cm tall and can't barely move without hitting my elbow. Even Ibis properties bathroom are not that small. But this is a minor detail, as I had a great time. Free wifi and parking.

Room Tip: I stayed at room 403 with an astonishing view of the Alps and the castle
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I have stayed here many times. Be it over night or only for lunch on a summer day in the rhine valley. With my wife, alone or with associates or clients.
Never disappointed. A bit pricey, but worth every penny!
If you stay, eat there. If for several days, eat "yourself" through the whole menu! It's worth it!

• Stayed: December 2011