Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$175
Hotels.com$175
Priceline$174
Travelocity$174
eDreams$174
Orbitz.com$175
All reviews great view nice hotel the bus free parking a great place to stay grocery store rhine valley small village church bells balcony road europe liechtenstein views francs slopes
Selected filters
Reviewed August 17, 2016

We stayed here on the 1st August. The hotel had only been taken over by the current owners a month before. I have to say that nothing was too much trouble for the owner or her partner. The room was great with a lovely view. Breakfast was fresh from local suppliers. Karen and Graham Port

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2016

Just before checking in we looked at our booking,com reservation - ECONOMY triple room - hmmmm no recollection of the Economy bit!
The friendly girl on the reception desk checked us in and pointed us downstairs in the direction of the cellar ........ Here indeed was our tiny triple room on eye level with the street , sandwiched between the sauna and WCs for the restaurant . Newly refurbished it looked very swish and had a good ensuite but nevertheless we had no balcony and no view. Slight problem in that the room was only set up for one!!!!! The top bunk style bed was locked into the wall and the sofa was not made up., There was one glass and one complimentary chocolate biscuit........we pondered whether to fight over the biscuit or go and explain our problem at reception .......the girl was very apologetic and rushed off to get more bedding and towels .... Then she found the key to release the bunk bed which crashed down almost knocking her clean out as we looked on helplessly!
Traveling with two teens I rarely get to choose the top bunk so I opted for the top on this occasion - a foolish decision as there was no ladder and once in the bunk it took a brave person to jump down again un assisted!
A big plus point was a TV with BBC 1 and 2 with which to catch up with Team GB in the Olympics. Just as well because the wifi signal was very weak. Whilst visiting the nearby Walser museum we learned that the community was very proud of its Catholic origins and this was symbolised by the Church bell which rang the quarter hours and a peel on the hour . With windows opening directly onto the bell tower we had a ringside seat for such devotions..... This wore a bit thin by midnight when the bell did stop until 6am when I was almost startled out of my bunk in surprise !
There was no restaurant at the hotel ...... Well there WAS but food was not being served. We walked down the road to the excellent Hotel Restaurant Kulm for supper.
Breakfast was a delightful experience however with a lovely buffet and friendly hostess for which nothing was too much trouble .
Checkout on the other hand was chaotic with four parties trying to leave and a computer misbehaving , If we had had a room with a balcony and view I would have little to complain about . As it is there was quite a lot of disorganisation so that loses a star...... We never did get the two other complimentary biscuits!!!

Room tip: Avoid the economy triple in the basement!
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2016

Very charming hotel with a great view of the Rhine Valley and the Swiss Alps. Our room was very comfortable and the staff was very accommodating. Decent little breakfast buffet. The ringing of the bells at the little church below didn't bother us any, but I guess that some folks could be annoyed. All in all, this is a very nice place to stay.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2016

We have only just checked into this hotel. We stumbled onto it via booking.com

Sadly we only booked two nights.

We could stay a week here.

As international cabin crew I have been fortunate to see much of the world and stay at some amazing hotels.

This is one of my favourite of all time.

The view is beyond words. You look at it but it's hard to take in that it is real.

Last night was Swiss national day. We watched the celebrations take off as the sun set. Thousands of fireworks went off all over Swiss side of the border and the alps for hours. And you are so high here that we were actually above them. Whe else in the world can you see something like that. It revelled Sydney harbour on New Years Eve.

The hotel itself is first class. Absolutely spotless and pristine. Stunning rooms all with large balconies and the most awesome views.

Breakfast is fantastic and the best of local produce. Great coffee.

As an added bonus the church bells announce on a regular basis that you are in a very unique and romantic place. They only ring out during daylight hours and perhaps early evening hours.

But to top it all off. Exceptional staff.

If I could give more than 5 stars I would.

Room tip: All rooms have balconies and awesome views. There is no lift. So if stairs are an issue request level one.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

I reserved in this hotel requesting a room with a view as it is surrounded by beautiful mountains. Unfortunately the hotel is far and very difficult to find and when I checked in, the girl at reception asked me to pay more to get a room with a view. I asked to speak to the manager who said she would do something, but then they did nothing. The girl at recrption was extremely unprofessional, unrespectful and laughed at me instead of helping. The room was extremely tiny (4 sq m) with a very narrow bed and no light, looking like a prison cell for a price that is not cheap. I cancelled as for the same price, I found a real size room with wide views on the castle and mountains in Vaduz. I advise not to waste your time in this hotel.

Date of stay: July 2016