$156
$298
$291
Hotel Falknerei Galina(Malbun)(Great Value!)
$135
$179
$174
$200
Landhaus am Giessen(Vaduz)(Great Value!)
$166
$250
$243
  • Restaurant
$392
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 7, 2015

I don't think this hotel does not deserve more stars.
The lights in the bedrooms are insufficient.Mattresses a bit too hard.
The bar has no or insufficient ventilation.

The Chef deserves credit at least 4 stars. Good food, well presented. Could do with less salt.

Room Tip: Expensive wifi
  • Stayed: December 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2014

I tryed it many time during low and high season, with always the same satisfaction.
During the summer time the terrasse is very comforable with a nice view on the mountain.
Rooms are simple, wide and comfortable

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jean j
Reviewed September 26, 2014

There are about eight hotels in Malbun - this one is a good choice, being right at the entrance to the village, and beside the second-last bus stop.

Unfortunately, the entrance is up a flight of steps - awkward with heavy luggage. Unless you can leave it in your car - because there is a ground-level door, at the base of the accommodation block, which also has a lift. If you have to carry your luggage, though, it's rather awkward.

This family-run hotel is very friendly, but it helps to have some German, because few of them speak much English. Still, they'll do their best! The free wi-fi is a bonus, and my single room was large, with French windows leading to a shared balcony with a lovely view of the valley.

I didn't venture into the bar, which was mostly closed while I was there, and very noisy when it was open.

The plumbing is a bit noisy, and you do get some noise from the other rooms, but it wasn't too much of a problem. The bed was a bit hard for my liking - the duvet, however, was very soft, and I ended up taking the duvet from the spare bed to put under me, which worked very well.

The shower operates via a dial - turn in one direction for bath, the other way for shower. Unfortunately, when I did decide to take a shower, I discovered the dial was stuck - at least, I couldn't move it! This was near the end of my stay, so I didn't bother saying anything.

Breakfast was continental, in the old building. I had evening meals there a few times, and the food was very good - except the basic schnitzel (without sauce). Avoid! I can't believe a restaurant would serve anything this dry! Service was friendly, but the prices put me off eating there more often - also the lack of variety, if you get tired of steak and schnitzel. The Hotel Turna, a few minutes up the road, has a much more varied menu, the food is just as good, and the prices are a little better.

Overall, it's a good choice - although the nearby Hotel Gorfion is more kid-friendly, and the Hotel Falknerei hosts a regular falconry display.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank u2fancat
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We were on a driving holiday and passed through Liechtenstein, so after checking into our hotel in Triesen, we decided to head "UP" for dinner....up about a 4 mile very steep, windy and curvy road we found ourselves at the Alpenhotel for a quick dinner.
Delicious food, lovely service, it was great. Would love to go again in the ski season...since we were there in the height of the summer...so no snow to be seen,

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We had a great time in Malbun.
The Alpenhotel is the best place to stay.
Culinary of it finest. Nice and newly remodeled rooms, friendly and competent staff.
Highly recommended, top notch. You will love this place.

• Stayed: July 2013