All reviews nice pool area equipment tavira bars car
Reviewed September 19, 2017

On arrival we were shocked as the apartment in question didn't look anything like the photos posted on the website - then the problem with the cockroaches started finding a fully grown one in the bathroom the following morning and eggs on the kitchen surfaces. The kitchen was extremely outdated and the bedrooms seemed to be premenatly damp - we could hear our neighbours as if they were in our apartment. The cockroaches got so bad that we left the apartment mid stay as we asked for the door to be fixed and it never was whilst we were there (even tho we told the person running the place Carmen and she brought a handyman who said he would - however two days later with a 1 year old baby we really couldn't risk the volume of them coming In and the already infested kitchen so we left to an extremely apologetic Carmen - I told her this had ruined our family holiday and asked pls to sort this problem out for the sake of other families. Very disapointed for our 4 kids ruined family holiday.

Room Tip: Check apartment given before you pay -ours was nothing Like the photos- see our photos of the actual apartment posted on e x p e d I a.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank aavictory2000
Reviewed September 18, 2017

My wife and I stayed for a week in the beginning of September. The one bedroom apartment we had was clean and reasonably well equipped. A proper little kitchen with a good set of equipment. It could probably do with air-con in the hottest months but was fine in September (about 30 centigrade).
A really nice pool area with trees for shade when it gets too hot.
It is a little isolated so a car is really needed. You can walk to a couple of little bars, but they are not the nicest, you are better to go into Fuseta (a little too far to walk) or Tavira (definitely too far to walk). Both of these towns have lots of nice restaurants and the prices are mostly reasonable.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paulgarr13
Reviewed September 4, 2016

Contestant all ready at the ." Pool Screaming Marathon" All children present and in fine loud voice , parents present but not taking part ( or stopping ). Then the " All Day and Night Car Door Slamming " ! such strength and stamina, remarkable .
The final event is the " Dog Barking Championships ( singles and doubles events). This finished about one in the morning but don't worry if you missed it , starts again at first light.

Room Tip: Away from the pool and car park
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Paul H
Reviewed March 16, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I have come for a break before summers holidays. What can I say, it's very cold. Certainly would not recommend coming, this time of year, if you don't like the COLD. I wouldn't even recommend it, if you come in the middle of the summer, come to that, as there is no air conditioning either! We asked Andrea, the manager, for a heater, as in the evenings the temperature here, drops remarkably and she said categorically, she had no heaters for anyone to use. I said, both my husband and myself had chest infections, she said there was plenty of blankets to keep us warm. So far every evening, which we stay in,we are wrapped in blankets. That's great for a holiday, I don't think! I told her, we will complain and she said, that was ok. I even asked for the owners phone number and she said we would have to complain to Expedia, our booking agent. This I have done, two days ago and to date we have had no reply. I think it is very sad, that someone has built a lovely mini village, beautiful rooms, but NO HEATING OR AIR CONDITIONING, in a county like Portugal

Stayed: March 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Carol C
Reviewed August 7, 2015

Very clean apartment but equipment very basic. Andrea and her husband very friendly couldn't do enough for you .Loved Tavira but had to drive alot to see anything. Would recommend swimming with the sealions at Aquashow water park an amazing experience.

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family