“Last choice!”
Review of Le Patio

Le Patio
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed October 17, 2017

We ended up in Le Patio on an evening when the choice of eateries in the port of Mortagne was extremely limited.

Requesting a table for two, we were given the last one available, in an uncomfortable position next to the kitchen. I asked if another pair of tables set as a four could be split, but was told no. Moments later, new customers were offered the table we had asked for, which had now been divided - we quickly moved to where we had requested to sit. Within a few minutes the whole restaurant was full anyway - there was nowhere else open to eat in Mortagne.

Our meal was adequate, but nothing worth writing about. Service was OK. The meals varied substantially in size, depending what was ordered, and there was not a great deal of choice, pizza and pasta aside.

We didn't bother with dessert, and are not impressed enough to revisit.

Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

We ate here twice during our stay in Mortagne. The menu is comprehensive with a variety of salads, fish, meat, pasta and loads of pizzas. The food is reasonably priced and the wine is also good quality and good value. The outdoor terrace has a great view of the port. The service was excellent.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

Visited tonight for family meal, service was the worst I have ever had. After eventually getting drinks we waited over an hour to finally get to order food, by then I didnt want to give my custom to the rude arrogant jerk.He gives French people a bad name, do yourself a favour and avoid this place. Went next door for food and it was great, the patio could learn a lot in customer service from the restaurant next door.
I'm sure the bar owners have had bad reviews previously about this arrogant member of staff, let's hope he gets a taste of his own medicine.
Avoid this place at all costs.
Thanks
Andy
U.K.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

I'm sitting at this restaurant as I type this. We came to this restaurant based off good reviews we'd read previously about the food quality. There were at 3 other dogs in outdoor patio area of the restaurant when we arrived at 6.15pm, which is as good an indication as any that the place is dog "friendly", so we sat our Labrador down under our seats. The waiter, who I strongly suspect is owner, took about 30 mins to even acknowledge us. When he arrived he looked at the dog with disgust and said "go away, go away, I hate dogs". I thought he must have been joking. Anyway, my wife ordered a Coke Lite (Diet Coke). "No Lite". No smile either. We ordered 3 Cokes; he brought out 3 bottles on a tray and 3 glasses carried by his grubby fingers on the inside of the glasses. I asked if we could order some food. He told us that he is hungry and needed to eat himself so he we couldn't order food for at least another 30mins. This is the first time I've ever left a restaurant early in this manner. It's also motivated me to make a rare Trip Advisor post. Cannot comment if he food; we didn't get that far.

2  Thank Paulnkatie J
Reviewed July 27, 2017

Sure, they do pizzas.

... but have a look at the non-pizza side of things, and you will be in for a treat. Nice casual eating, simple (good!) but interesting menu. A most charming welcome and efficient, no fuss service.

And I had the sweetest, tastiest, perfectly cooked lamb in a very long time.

Give it a try, and be pleasantly surprised.