Sunwing Fanabe Beach
Melia Jardines del Teide(Costa Adeje)
$150
$144
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
GF Gran Costa Adeje(Costa Adeje)
$165
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Playa Real(Costa Adeje)
$155
  • Pool
GF Victoria(Costa Adeje)
$345
GF Isabel(Costa Adeje)
$124
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Royal Garden Villas(Costa Adeje)
$401
$342
$154
$134
Trip.com
GF Fanabe(Costa Adeje)(Great Value!)
$107
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Suite Villa Maria(La Caleta)
$275
$246
$137
1,226 results
All reviewsself cateringnon smokingmini markethappy babyfamily hotelpool areakids clubthomas cookcosta adejesiam parkevening entertainmentmini discolifeguard on dutyliving areacan't comment on the foodbaby poolwater aerobics
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Have been to Costa Adeje before loved it but never to the Sunwing we were a little bit concerned but decided to book it, on arrival a bit late we showed up with lots of clients and only two people on reception and the air con was not on (i dont know why) took a long time to get registered
late to the cafe which was actually closed but they gave us a basic snack on to the room quite nice and spacious but noisy air con couldnt sleep, got the problems ironed out and we were "off"
the staff were helpful couldnt do enough the food was good and plentiful had one of my best ever "chinese" one night, with the air con repaired we slept well. The pool was great the kids loved it and the life guard was very caring and was genuinely keeping the kids safe a good plus on any holiday. We had a great time

Room Tip: All rooms overlook the pool if you dont like night noise get one away from the show area.
3  Thank Alan N
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for 10 nights at the end of August but wished we had stayed the full 2 weeks. Travelled with my 9 year old son and had looked for a hotel that was family friendly, we were not disappointed. Check in was quick, payed 20 euros for a safe and as we were self catering 6 euros for a toaster. I had emailed the hotel a week prior to arrival to ask for an upper floor room with pool view, they replied stating that they would try but could not promise this. I had read reviews about about the nightmare layout and getting lost, but our room was in the first corridor from reception and the 1st room on the right, this did not make it noisy in anyway and even in the evenings the corridors were very quiet. We had one of the smaller apartments on the 2nd floor with a pool view! Although smaller it was plenty big enough for myself and my son, we had a bedroom with twin beds, a bathroom with twin sinks and a bath/shower. Large wardrobes in the bedroom and lots of shelving space. The lcd tv is in the bedroom. Then through sliding doors into the living area with small kitchen comprising of the hired toaster, a microwave, double electic hob and kettle. There was then a sofa, which I'm guessing was also the sofa bed and the balcony overlooking the outdoor restaurant and pool. In the evenings the restaurant area was noisy if you sat outside, this never bothered us and once the patio doors were shut no noise could be heard. The air conditioning was slightly noisy but did not stop us sleeping and despite the very hot temperatures outside the air conditioning kept the bedroom area cool and at times during the night too cool, considering one day it hit 38 degrees outside it worked well!
The pool was lovely, big enough even in August in the summer holidays, we never had a problem getting a sunbed, whatever time of day we went down, although we did watch in amusement at the regulars who would race down to the pool every morning at 8am to bag the same sunbeds each day! There was a lifeguard on duty from 9am til 7pm each day.
Everywhere was so clean, with the staff all working hard to keep it clean, and very helpful.
There were kids clubs for 2 age groups, the younger ones and the youth group from 8+, my son joined in a couple of activities the play station tournament and parcour training in the gym. We didn't attend the evening entertainment but could hear it from the balcony and it sounded good!
We ate at the hotel buffet on one occasion, for the TexMex night, I enjoyed the food, but my son is more fussy, I was charged 20 euros and my son ate free. There are plenty of restaurants within minutes from the hotel and many where you can sit at the seafront to eat, most are good quality we usually payed between 14-22 euros for myself and my son with a soft drink and glass of wine. Most of the restaurants have staff that try to get you into their restaurant, but a firm I've already eaten usually does the trick. There are also lots of people selling things at the seafront, from hairbraiding to fruit, they will try to hassle you but are not too bad, they also come into the restaurants and place items on your table but a "no thanks" and they leave you alone. There are many local tourist trip offices offering all the trips on tenerife, it's worth shopping around as the prices vary on what they offer and the price they have.
A fantastic holiday, we did lots of trips, Loro Parque, Siam Park, Jungle Park, submarine trip, Mount Teide and a parascending ride. Would definately love to go again next year, but 2 weeks next time!

Room Tip: We had room 200 which was near reception, made it easy to nip out to supermarket and drop things back to room, easy to find, and later in the afternoon the balcony was in the shade which due to the extreme heat was a good thing!
5  Thank blubirdi
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Stopped here in Tenerife for 7 days (wish it was longer!) and had a fantastic time, the hotel is great, clean, the staff are all really friendly people and all speak English, two minute walk from fanabe beach, loads of shops, restaurants, bars, etc. Definitely going to return here again!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Jamietomkinson13
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed at the Sunwing resort for two weeks with my wife and two daughters (aged 8 and 12) and we had a realy great time. When we left I actually said to my wife that I couldn't think of ONE single fault with the hotel! The appartment was huge, but we were booked in as 4 adults instead of two and two, it worked out cheeper because of the undercharge if we booked the kids in! The place is spotless, the rooms are cleaned almost every day, and the days that the cleaners will not be in the next day they leave a card on the bed to pre-warn you. They supply you with clean towells for you to use at the pool or the beach, they also will change your room towells when ever you wish, you just have to put them in the laundry basket. We went self catering because of a fussy child and the room had plenty of equipment to cook in your room if you should wish to do so. There was a microwave and a kettle and plenty of pots and cutlery also in the room.
There was no need to get up at 6am to go and put towells on the sun loungers as it was not permitted to reserve them so there were always plenty available even at 9 o'clock.
The pool area was also spotlessly clean and every two or three days the cleaners totally strip the sunbeds and sunshades and hose and scrub down the floor around the pool.
We didn't go to the entertainment evenings much so I can't say a lot about that because we eat out every night. There are more than enough restaurants in the area, and they did start to get on my nerves by the end of the holiday with their constant attempts to tempt us into their resturant as we walked past. The beach is a 5 minute walk down a small slope and is very nice, a mix of half white sand and half vocanic dust, but flip flops still needed due to the heat.
We did three day trips while we were there and I can highly recommend going to Siam Park and also Lorro Parque on a double ticket which will save you a few Euro's. The third trip we went on was out on a catamaran called Eden which we booked through a local vendor on the sea front and was much cheaper than our rep was selling it for. We went looking for dolphins and whales and we not disapointed either, we had a great day out.
This is a hotel and area that I would recommend to friends and family and we would go back there again.

Room Tip: As I have already said, we had a massive room, it had two bathrooms and three showers. I think that was because when we booked the travel agent worked out that it would be cheeper to book as four adults and not two adults and two children because there was a charge for under occupancy on the children!
2  Thank TheSilverback
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Just got home yesterday from a week at Sunwing and had a fantastic week, will start with the bad bits first as there weren't many, we had room 435 which was the last one up the hill, right on the road which was really loud all night, after a couple of nights there though we were so tired from our busy days that we fell asleep pretty quickly, we did ask for a different room and was offered the one directly above us which was no good as the road was still there, we also had a fair few ant's in the bathroom and bedroom but it could have been worse. The childrens show in the evenings was awful and no good for English children, I think it was in german or something similar, my daughter joined in the Mini Stars show and was the only english child in it, however the rest of the entertainment was great.

The room was lovely, really big and spacious and really clean and the beds were really comfortable, we had a toaster, kettle and coffee machine in the room plus a fresh bottle of water in the fridge on arrival. Towels for the pool/beach were also supplied (Wish I had known before packing my own) you also got to decide when bathroom towels are changed by putting them in the washing basket. The balcony was really big and spacious too which was lovely to sit out on first thing in the morning and last thing at night. We had a lovely big bathroom with a sunken bath and also a separate shower room, 2 toilets and 3 sinks in the bathroom/shower room.

We never had any problems getting sun loungers at any time of the day, we went with our 2 children who were 8 and our son turned 14 while we were there so we really only needed 2, sometimes 3 loungers as the kids spent most of the time in the pool and so it was never a problem. There was a lifeguard at the pool at all times while we were there right up until 7 at night when the pool closed. We didn't eat at the hotel at any point but had our meals out and ate at some lovely places, one place we went to for our son's birthday were really lovely and when they bought him his dessert they played Happy Birthday really loudly and sang to him with a candle in his dessert, totally amazing. I took part in the water aerobics on one day as my daughter had asked me to, she left me on my own after 10 minutes but I felt rude leaving so stayed the 30 minutes, my hips and legs were agony the next day so if you are unfit I suggest you don't join in lol.

One other thing that we didn't enjoy was the constant street sellers/hair braiders pestering you and people trying to get you into their shops/restaurants, it was really annoying and just constant, we only done one day on the beach as the sand was just so incredibly hot to sit/walk on that we were happier by the pool or on days out.

We visited Jungle Park and Aqua Land which were both fantastic, aqua land had the most amazing dolphin show so was well worth going to, we got a really good deal as we were given a flyer that said we could do both parks for 31 euros each for adults and 18 euros each for kids, we went into a couple of ticket sellers and found one that would match the price (They wouldn't all do it so look around) some places were also selling the tickets for a lot less than others for both parks, unfortunately my son hurt himself a fair bit in aqua land, cutting his spine on Kamakazee we had planned to do Siam park but changed our minds after my son getting hurt so much. Jungle park was absolutely gorgeous, they put on a very scary diving show, plus a birds of prey and an exotic birds show, the diving was the best even though I had trouble watching in the end as it terrified me lol

Evening entertainment put on by Emma, Emily, Max and Marcus was fantastic, we had Abba night, Rock night, Music Box, Movie Stars all of which were great, they also done a Eurovision night but we didn't watch that one.

I would highly recommend Sunwing and Costa Adeje to anyone, Costa Adeje is quite hilly to so flat shoes are a must if you want to go walking. All in all 7 nights was not long enough and I would most definitely go back there.