Sunwing Fanabe Beach
Melia Jardines del Teide(Costa Adeje)
$150
$144
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
GF Gran Costa Adeje(Costa Adeje)
$165
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Playa Real(Costa Adeje)
$155
  • Pool
GF Victoria(Costa Adeje)
$345
GF Isabel(Costa Adeje)
$124
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Royal Garden Villas(Costa Adeje)
$401
$342
$154
$134
Trip.com
GF Fanabe(Costa Adeje)(Great Value!)
$107
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Suite Villa Maria(La Caleta)
$275
$246
$137
1,226 results
All reviewsself cateringnon smokingmini markethappy babyfamily hotelpool areakids clubthomas cookcosta adejesiam parkevening entertainmentmini discolifeguard on dutyliving areacan't comment on the foodbaby poolwater aerobics
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I stayed here with my friend for 4 nights in September. We booked a last minute deal on a
Tuesday and ended up flying out on the Friday, so got a great deal moneywise.
Arrived to a fantastic receptionist, in a modern reception area. The room was basic but very clean and as we were only really using it for a place to sleep, it was great. We stayed in a room with a partition to the living area and kitchenette. We didn't have a pool view, instead our balcony backed onto a street view, which was very quiet at night. The pool was lovely, with plenty of sun loungers always available. Air conditioning included in the price and safety deposit box cost 15euro for the stay. Best safety deposit boxes I've seen, where you change it straightaway to your own unique code.
We went self catering so can't comment on hotel food. However, prices in the supermarket were similar to elsewhere. Also plenty of fantastic places to eat nearby. Would recommend the Chinese restaurant on the way down to the beach (strip with Burger King on the end). Great banquet deals and staff are great!!
Costs approx 10euros for a taxi to Veronicas in Las Americas, but this is well worth it if you want a lively night out with free shots everywhere. Most places do deals where you pay 10euros and get a number of drinks and shots for that. They give you a voucher that gets ticked off everytime you go to the bar, and you can save this to use on other nights. We spent loads on our first night there and nothing on our second by saving our vouchers up.
We looked at how much we should have paid in the brochure and foundx we had paid less than half of what we should have, but both agreed the hotel was that great that we would quite happily pay the full price if we were to visit again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
7  Thank amyvic4686
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Myself, my wife and two boys (5 & 12) stayed here for a week in October. The first thing to note as you enter the hotel is the cheap ikea style reception, it is awful and a very poor first impression!
The room itself was fine and a decent size with everything you would expect. Air con was awful and just seemed to trickle out a very small amount of cool air! Having been on all night the room was normally cool by morning!!
We stayed on a half board basis, breakfast was fairly average. Evening meal was very good with a different theme every night, there was always something nice to sample, and with half a bottle of wine or large beer free as well. Although the food for my 5 year old was very repetetive, spag bol seemed to be on every night!
The pool area was good, 2 kids pools and a larger adults pool and always plenty of loungers.
We arrived at this hotel on Tuesday the 11th Oct and it stayed quiet until the Sunday, on this one day 140 Scandanavians checked into the hotel leaving very few brits. When we went for our meal that night we were immediately asked by the waiter if we wanted to pay for the buffet!! We had to explain we were half board, we were made to feel that because we were not Scandanavian we shouldn't have been there!! Later that evening I went to the bar to ask for a drink, whilst the bar lady was in the middle of pouring my drink two Scandanavians came to the bar to pay their bill. So she promptly stopped serving me, put my drink down and served them first!! I was gobsmacked!!
I later found out that this hotel is owned by Thomas Cook Scandanavia, they have british people through the summer months and only Scandanavians through the winter months! When we left on Tuesday the 19th October we were the last Brits to go......so to sum this up if you are british you are not allowed to book a room at this hotel during the winter months!! I have never heard anything like it, I have stayed at hotels all over the world and they are open to every nationality all year round, as should be the case! Surely this is a form of racism!
Anyway if I put the above issue to one side and sum this hotel up, I would say it's a good 3 star, perhaps a 3 star +. But not a 4 star, I have stayed in much nicer 4 star hotels not too far from this hotel.
Resort area good and would def recommend the area of Fanabe, just perhaps not this hotel. And definately not in the middle week of October as you will be made to feel unwelcome, unless you are Scandanavian!

Room Tip: Phone and email hotel to request a pool view room.
5  Thank leisuremonkey
Reviewed October 15, 2011

went to sunwing at the end of September with my 2 daughters,had a 1 bed apartment which was huge,2 bathrooms,one of which had 2 sinks and a circle bath,2 balconies and loads of storage space!cleaners work really hard,found all staff in hotel very polite and helpful.very clean hotel and lovely swimming pools!5 minute walk to the beach which has quite black sand but if you turn left and walk towards McDonalds its much nicer.Had some really good nights in the winchester pub on the beach front,staff and food really nice!!All in all would go back to sunwing as it was a great holiday!!

Room Tip: if you book a larger 1 bed apartment you will get a better room but not necessarily pool view,side view is fine too!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank lizzie67Gloucester
Reviewed October 15, 2011

We are just home from a weeks stay at the Sunwing. We left for our holiday with high expectations after reading the reviews but I'm sorry to say we will not be returning. Everything was excellent for us - location was literally 2 mins from everything, pool was great (although whatever type of chlorine they use ruins whites & removes any lettering on trunks & bikinis). Cleanliness is second to none & the maids work tirelessly both in the rooms & around the complex. Kids entertainers are great although my daughter never used the kids club you could see how much they loved their jobs & the kids had great fun. The kids show at night was good & the minidisco was great although we only went twice as the show bar is so hot & uncomfortable, we could not stay any longer than the hour for the kids so I cannot comment on the evening entertainment. This brings me as to why I will not be returning. The air con in the room was not even a slight breeze. We did complain & someone came to fix it but it made no difference. There was also no air con in the bedroom (although the man that came to fix our air con did go to the bedroom to check it)?? so does some rooms have it?? also none in the bathroom. We could not sleep at night as it was hotter in our room than outside. This was a room that never got the sun on it. Not sure if all the complex was the same but as we are from Scotland, we need the air con as we are not used to heat at night !! We could not even open the doors as there was a bar at the end of the street with loud music which would disturb us if the doors were not closed also the cockroaches would of found there way in!! The room was also dated & the covers on the sofa were a lot to be desired as they were all written on & burst. I am really disappointed that the room let this resort down as it gets 100% for everything else from us.
I never found the mini market expensive at the resort but if you do, then there are plenty just next to the complex.

4  Thank MrsC1971
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Have just returned from a week's stay at this hotel with my husband and 2 sons aged 10 and 7. The resort is superb and would highly recommend to all families. We were all inclusive & our room had a dividing door with sofa bed & pull out for the kids, which was also equipped with a mini kitchen & fridge should you wish to make your own food. Our balcony overlooked the pool area. The rooms were cleaned to a very high standard & we had no complaints. The food on offer was superb. A different food theme every night ensured variety & always plenty of choice for kids favourites. Lunchtime buffet had a good choice to pick from. The bar, restaurant & entertainment staff were first class. Couldn't do enough to help you & made such a fuss of the kids, much to their delight. The show team provided superb evening entertainment again something for everyone. The Hotel itself was very central. A short walk to the beach, bus stop & variety of shops & restaurants close by. Transfer from airport was approx 30 mins. Can't recommend Sunwing enough. Would definitely go back.

Room Tip: We emailed the hotel first to request a pool view.
6  Thank Marlyn S