“Decent hotel for the price”
Review of Hotel Piemont

and 1 more site!
Hotel Piemont
Ranked #40 of 49 Hotels in Luxembourg City
Reviewed January 4, 2010

I have stayed in this hotel three times during December 2009 (Two nights each time. Nice clean hotel with decent sized rooms. Each room has a kitchen area and a small table so you can make food yourself or get a take away if you want to. You can pre-book free car parking there as well. There is room for about 4 cars. The hotel is about 15 minutes walk to the centre of the city, but the big advantage is you're only about two minutes drive from the ring road if you're working out of town. The first time I stayed I had a deal with Breakfast included. On the other two occasions, it was not included and I would not pay €15 as I considered it a rip off. One evening I decided to have a Club sandwich in the bar area. It was not very nice at all and I definately would not bother eating there again. I would stay there again

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed December 10, 2009

Accommodation is not cheap in Luxembourg during the week and I booked this last minute and it was significantly cheaper than other hotels in its class, as such it was not a bad deal. The upsides are the pleasant staff and free wireless. However, my room was rather small (with no kitchen facilities as referred to by others) and overlooked five lanes of a very busy road. At least half the rooms on my floor faced onto this side. It was very noisy and without high duty ear plugs I would have found sleep elusive. It is also a bit of a hike into the centre and really not well located if you are doing business in the European/banking quarter. Will this be my first choice next time I am in town, probably not. But if you are stuck, it is clean and safe and reasonable value by Lux standards (just make sure not to get road facing room)

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2009

The Piemont offers solid value if you get the room at a discounted rate. The rooms were spotless, large, and the bathrooms quite big and modern. There's even a small kitchenette. Ask for a room that is not on the main road; ours was a tad noisy. We did not try the 15 euro buffet. Avoid at all costs the pizzeria 200 meters down the road where they directed us for dinner. The pizza was fine, but the service was the rudest we've ever encountered in Europe.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BullwinkleJMoose
Reviewed October 13, 2009

I booked the hotel via hotel.com for a friday on their special uncancellable deal.
However, I couldn't make the friday due to a problem in Bussels.
They graciously allowed me to transfer the booking to the sunday - thanks guys !
The standard of my room was high - free minbar, good TV channels, cooking facilities, fridge.
It's about a 20 minute walk to the main station.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed September 27, 2009

We chose this hotel because it offered a good pricing deal. The only disappointment was that there wasn't much nice scenery around the hotel, and that it was a very far walk from the train station with our backpacks. I would highly recommend using a taxi from the train station if you any sort of luggage with you, as it is a very very long walk otherwise. The location of the hotel was fair, not to bad a walk from the tourist area/city center. The staff was very helpful, and the rooms were clean and spacious. It had a good, spacious elevator. We ordered room service as I had fallen under the weather, though while it was very affordable, the food was not the best. There was however a little kitchenette in the room if you wanted to cook something for yourself. The hotel seemed quite business oriented as well if you're traveling for that purpose. I would recommend this hotel if you can get a good deal on the price.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2009

I paid approximately $70 a night for a single room at the Piemont. Everything worked out well here. The rooms were nice and large enough and had cable tv, a/c and was fairly soundproof. The bathroom had modern fixtures as well as accessories.

There is an attached restaurant but I didn't take advantage of as breakfast was an additional fee (I had a glass of local wine in the evening for a low price). Front desk service was very friendly and accommodating.

The hotel is about a fifteen minute walk to the city center and train station. There are a few restaurants and bars in the neighborhood if you don't want to venture that far. The Petrusse Valley park is just steps away and I found it a great place to run or use as an alternate walk to the center.

Overall I thought the Piemont was a good choice for Luxembourg City and would recommend to others.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo