“I miss this place!”

Ranked #146 of 813 Restaurants in Luxembourg City
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Visited the Mousel Canteen many times, with family, friends and clients. What a wonderful place. Good food (especially the Jarret) and the unfiltered beer is unique.
Next time I'm in Lux it'll be at the top of my list.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

One of the highlights for me of an overseas trip is the food, so I hate to waste a meal. Mousel's was a wasted (and expensive) meal. I'd had a delicious pork knuckle four nights before in a Frankfurt, Germany, restaurant and looked forward to having it at Mousel. I was shocked not just by how overcooked, and literally unchewable, Mousel's knuckle was, but by the fact that the restaurant would serve it. Had I been eating alone I would have attempted to get the meal replaced, but I was with a large group and since portions are large it was simply easier to share a friend's pork steak (which was tasty but basically the same type of pork steak sold in the grocery at home in the U.S.). Bottom line: go to Mousel if you want quaint, historic ambiance and a nice beer.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Recommended by taxi driver at our hotel, worst food since our arrival in Europe, service questionable, my husbands meal was all fat, supposedly pig trotters, my desert didn't arrive, 20 minute wait to pay bill. A great shame that the decor is denigrated by the food and laxidazical service. Avoid at all costs.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Casual dining in Luxembourg? There aren't many places where you can be truly casual on a Saturday night! We went with a group of friends and had a great time. We started with beers and cremants. There were several beers and 2 bottles of cremant throughout the night. The guys ordered the Pork knuckle which was a big hit! The ladies had schnitzel- also excellent. Large portions, great service (with some comic relief!) and quaint private room made for a great night! Total bill was 50 euro/head with entrees around 20-25 euro. Not bad for a Saturday night in Lux. We went fairly early (For Lux dining) at 7:00 and had no problem with finding parking in the nearby lot. We opted to stop at one of the clubs for a drink on the way out. When we left, the usual "clubbing" line of cars was in full swing-all the way up the hill to the city center. But we had no problems. If you go with a group- ask for the private room that seats up to 12 at a large oval table. The domed ceiling is hand painted with portraits of the original owners. A cozy and comfortable space for good friends and good food!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Traditional Cuisine on relaxed atmosphere. Very friendly service. Delicious food. Be prepared for huge portions. The Pork leg is a must. Sabayone for dessert mmmmm. We always take our guests. Better to make reservations ahead, otherwise risk to find no place. Also check if they are opened, they do close for holidays and on sundays.