“A jolly Luxembourger meal”

RESTAURANT MOUSEL'S CANTINE
Ranked #95 of 790 Restaurants in Luxembourg City
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Ate here with a party on business trip. The food is rustic and hearty in style and a far cry from so many pretentious places and seems well favoured by locals. The service was good and friendly as well. I had only a main course of an enormous steak and all mains were enhanced by a large number of side dishes including broad beans, potatoes salad etc. Some of our party managed to devour a starter and dessert as well, though no idea how! Accompanying this I had a couple of tankards of the local beer which was refreshing and tasty.

There are newer reviews for RESTAURANT MOUSEL'S CANTINE

Reviewed June 5, 2013

A must visit for any visitor to Luxembourg, if you are visiting ask to sit in the old area as it has a certain charm about it. 14 years of eating here and I have never had a bad meal. I bring clients and family, with clients often requesting to return. Food is simple but of high quality. And great unfiltered beer! Here's to another 14 years !

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Went here shortly after moving to Lux and really fell in love with the place. We said we'd bring all our visitors here for a true Lux experience. Fast forward a few months and we go back with an out-of-town visitor. Walk in at 8:30 on a Friday and the place is half empty - we were flat-out told there was no room. Okay, I get it - people have tables reserved, and they'll sit at them for the next three hours. But I have a hard time believing they couldn't accommodate three people. Anyway...

Went back a couple weeks ago - this time armed with reservations. Same time - 8:30 PM. And the place never filled in. Interesting.

I'd go here for one thing - the pork shoulder. It's their specialty, and honestly everything else I could take or leave. And even that can be found elsewhere (maybe not in Lux, but I've seen people eating it in German restaurants nearby). But, if you're in Lux and craving a pork shoulder make your reservation and head down - it is delicious. I think they could replace the beans they serve with it with something a little more exciting - they were pretty blah. But the potatoes and kraut were great - as was the unfiltered beer.

I've never found any of the staff to be particularly friendly - which I guess is something very Luxembourgish about the place.

After living here a while I just don't think Mousel's is really as special as I once believed...

1  Thank NYC_ADK83
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Cute nice restaurants. Famous of delicious seafood. Loved my 2 course dinner plus desert - strawberry salad.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is a meat and potato kind of place. Go here expecting traditional fair with unfiltered beer or a huge pork shoulder. Not fancy, nor beautiful this place is good for solid, non-sophisticated food. I recommend going if you want an insight into some true Luxembourg traditional dishes.