“It can either way”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We have eaten at Bacchus occasionally over the 30 plus years we have been in Luxembourg together. It is very well known and is located only a few steps from the Palace.
There are many, many people who eat here very regularly perhaps every day or every week. So the family owners as well as the staff pay particular attention to those patrons.
This can lead to a disappointing experience for the occasional customer.
However, the food, the atmosphere and the location keeps attracting us and we visit perhaps every couple of years or longer. My wife is much more relaxed about this than I am and having been brought up in Luxembourg and a Luxembourg speaker this ensures that we get reasonable service.
We last had lunch here on Saturday 5th October. We were happy to be seated in the winter garden at the rear. We had a great time, the service and food was very good.
We will return......in due course.

There are newer reviews for Restaurant-Pizzeria Bacchus

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

This was my third dinner in restaurant Bacchus in three years and it was yet again wonderful.
I went there on Sunday night and the place was quite busy, nevertheless the service was attentive, friendly and rapid. All staff seemed to speak several languages - we managed to communicate in Italian, French, Portuguese and English.
While perusing the menu we were brought an aperitif - a glass of sparkling wine. I ordered saltimbocca alla romana and my friend escalope milanese - both dishes were served with French fries father option was pasta) and green salad leaves. The portions were rather generous. For the dessert l took chocolate mousse which was delicious and my friend had a tiramisu. Overall bill for two main courses, two desserts, water and a coffee was some 55 euro.
I will definitely go there again.

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has changed a lot over the past few years. I used to go there a lot with my family and the food was always good and the service friendly and attentive. But this has changed, as I feel that they go a lot on appearances of their guests and treat them accordingly. We went there as a big group of students, having booked a table and all, and the waiter was really rude. Upon asking for some bread to go with the pasta we were told that they charge extra for bread, which I have never heard there before. After going back again, just with my cousins, service was still very rude, they kept making fun of my cousin and that's when I decided never to step foot in this establishment again. Also canned mushrooms on a mushroom pizza is not acceptable!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Bacchus, just by the Grand-Ducal palace is a lively and very busy Italian.

The service is not the best, all the waiters seem to be very overworked. If you manage to catch their eye they will come!

The food however is very good. Pizzas are very thin and crispy. (You'll be given a small slice when you sit down - along with a glass of Crement, the local sparkling white wine - both free!)

The pasta is very good. The meat is also good.

A good night - with a lovely, lively busy atmosphere.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We went with the family with small childern to this restaurant and we loved it. This is a real Italian kitchen managed by Italian people. The food is great and very divers. We will be back for sure.