“A few ups and downs”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This famlily run restaurant located in Clausen area offers really elegant interiors and a very welcoming waitress and host. We had a reservation but the place wasn't busy at all; they welcomed us with tuna flakes and avocado and a glass of bubbly. We had two terrine as starters which we found a bit disappointing as it was rather cold and we had the impression it just came out of a fridge, For the main courses we had different views: the pork with lentils was absolutely delicious whilst the risotto with scampi was a bit of a let down as the rice was massively overcooked. The cheese selection was definitely very good whilst the granny smith carpaccio with pineapple was rather anonymous.The wine was extremely good and reasonably priced at 30€ per bottle. The service was outstanding, All in all, we came out with rather mixed feelings from this place although we both agreed that at 70€ per head you would expect a faultless dinner whilst we did encounter a few downs.

1  Thank Tanumz

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I was recommended to this family restaurant by a colleague who had worked in Luxembourg. It is Clausen (a restaurant area) on the edge of Luxembourg City. We were one of two tables in the restaurant on a cold wet November evening - pretty close to private dining. The food was wonderful. Central European menu. Wild Boar terrine starter with beetroot and onion mousse. Great prawn risotto and stunning pork cheeks with lentils followed by carpaccio of apple and great cheese plate. Chef has an excellent palate. I would have been very pleased to have had this meal in London. .Ticked all the boxes.
87 Euro inc a glass wine and lots of bottled water, I was driving.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

A nice relaxed ambience with very special food. This place is good. Both my wife and I had the Epicurian menu, the veal main course was exceptional and there was an excellent cheese plate. There was a good range of wines and we had a great evening.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I went here solo late on a Wednesday night and actually was the only person there (don't worry I made a reservation). I got the tasting menu and it was excellent. Obviously the service I got was excellent.

The food kept coming and I found myself looking forward to every dish, and was disappointed after the last dish came only because I knew that was the end of the road.

I would highly recommend this place to anyone who is in town.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We enjoyed the dinner at Bick Stuff very much. We were a party of four and we all ordered different things. We did the typical exchange of morsels so we all got to taste a lot more variety. The food was very tasty and the service was very attentive as well. Specially recommend the crab ravioli and the tarte fine as appetizers and the duck and langostines as main. Servings are generous so you will not go hungry.

Desserts are also good with petit gateau de chocolate being the best. Portions are also generous.

Very much worthwhile to get out of the town center and visit this place.