“I'm not a foodie but this place is great”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Bouquet Garni

Le Bouquet Garni
Ranked #28 of 745 Restaurants in Luxembourg City
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Belfast, UK
“I'm not a foodie but this place is great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I bit the bullet and agreed to do a "starred" restaurant with the wife while on a trip to Luxembourg last week.

I'm not into this fine dining lark as I like to left alone to savour what I ordered, well this place attended to every need without feeling we were being watched. We decided on the Taster menu and I was blown away by the food. The lobster was great in presentation as well as taste, I've had lobster 3 times before and wondered what all the fuss was about well this was a true delight to my taste buds. My wife managed to switch our meat course for anther fish as she's a non meat eater which I lived with (well got to be kind to them sometimes haven't you?) but was very jealous when I saw the beef dish delivered to the next table. And the wine at each course was out of this world 2 of the best whites I've had in my life.

Was an expensive meal but as a rare treat it was truly worthwhile (+memorable) and the wife may of even converted me to going to a fancy place once in a while.

• Visited March 2013

“Fabulous food and attentive service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Visited Bouquet Garni tonight for a 40th birthday and was not disappointed! I do not normally like French cuisine but savoured every mouthful. Wine selections by the sommelier were excellent. Cheese selection - exquisite. Star of the show ... the lobster dish (one of the selection for the fish course). LOVED it!!

Luxembourg
“Brilliant !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Great setting, fabulous food, perfect service!
Staff gave a warm welcome and very attentive, yet not overpowering, service. Very knowledgable about the food they serve and about the wines on the great list.
I know a thing or two about cooking and restaurants; and this menu was put together beautifully.
Worth every penny.
I'll be back!

• Visited January 2013
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Excellent food quality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

We visited as a party of 10 and were given a private dining area at the top of the restaurant. The service was attentive and very informative with every dish (we had the taster menu of 9 courses) explained and accompanying wine poured.

The quality of the food was outstanding and just the right amount to make nine courses less daunting. I would reccomend the pan fried foie gras, it was divine

They indeed saved the best until last, the Cheese selection was fabulous and was accompanied by a fantastic, rich and smooth port. The quality of the Cheese Trolley was unbelievable, well worth the eighteen euro supplement

Given the quality of the food, the bill was very reasonable and a great time was had by all. The only area i would suggest needs looking at is the music piped in through the speaker system, it did feel somewhat like 'lift music'

• Visited December 2012
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Great wines and service - disappointing food when the chef is not in the house”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Wine and service can't be beaten in any other Luxembourg-city starred restaurant. Ambiance also very nice in the ilot gastronomique. But the food is underwhelming at best when the chef's not in the house. Be sure that he is in and you will have a wonderful time, if not it is not worth the visit.

• Visited December 2012