“Go here.”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Luxembourg
“Go here.”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

If you're reading this then you haven't yet decided where to go. Go here. Clairefontaine is great but the food, service and atmosphere here is just, well, its just better. The food is less fussy and OTT than Ma Langue Sourit and overall its a s t o u n d i n g l y better value than Toit Pour Toi.

• Visited October 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Great service, and lovely setting.”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We were welcomed by the most friendly and polite staff. This continued throughout the course of the evening, and was faultless. The 3 courses was served with appropriate amuse bouche throughout.
My partner had a fantastic 3 courses with great flavours and ingredients throughout. On both my started and my main course there was an overwhelming flavour of lemon that took the taste of everything else away. I managed to scrape the lemon from the main course just about enough to get other flavours. I think there must have been an offer on lemons that day!
This was the only negative comment I could make in what was otherwise a lovely evening.
I would advise no one to leave without enjoying a selection of cheese from one of the most impressive cheese trolleys I have seen yet. Generally worth the money.

• Visited October 2012
Esher, United Kingdom
“michelin excellence in the centre of town!”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

first rate restaurant with all you would expect from a michelin starred restaurant. plenty of amuses before the proper meal, excellent service and a great price €65 fixed prix!
Will visit again!

Visited September 2012
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Highly recommended special-occasion dining experience!”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful evening at Le Bouquet Garni last night. On a Tuesday evening, we were the first there at 7.30 but by 8.30, the restaurant was virtually full.
We were warmly welcomed as we arrived and shown to a lovely table by the window, overlooking the back of the Palais Grand-Ducal. The decor was elegant and refined without being stuffy, with great lighting and lots of candles. I feel so many restaurants get the lighting wrong but this one didn't.
Service was professional and efficient, yet friendly and unpretentious, and we were well looked after. Waiters spoke a variety of languages including English, and menus were available in English too if required.
The highlight however was the food which was utterly delicious to eat, beautifully presented and exquisite to look at, and left us full and satisfied without feeling at all that we had over-eaten. We chose the 65E menu which was 3 courses (the other was a 4-course menu for 85E). Before our chosen starters we were given a plate consisting of artichoke mousse, tuna tartare, salmon, sundried tomato and parmesan sablé and a beetroot macaron with foie gras. This was followed by an amuse bouche of pea and mint purée with popcorn (great textural contrast). Our starters, main courses and desserts were then served, followed by petit fours. All were excellent and full of flavour. I couldn't fault them. I think there were around 5 choices of starter and main course and 4 choices of dessert, including cheese, with a couple of fish/seafood choices for starters and main course but no dishes completely fish- and meat-free. A couple of the fish dishes had a meat element.
The wine list was good and the Sommelier knowlegeable, with prices from around 30E a bottle upwards as you'd expect.
I would have liked a little longer between courses and felt that the kitchen may have been speeding things up a bit as a party of 12 was expected around an hour after us. I may be wrong, but that is what it felt like. Not serious enough though for me to not give a top rating. They were more than happy for us to linger a bit after our meal to finish our wine.
We eat out a fair amount at all kinds of restaurants and I do resent spending money on any restaurant food that I don't think is worth it. Le Bouquet Garni wasn't cheap but I think definitely worth the money we spent. I would happily go back again and highly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion. We have eaten at Ma Langue Sourit (x2) and Toit pour Toi (x1) in Luxembourg, and based on our experience last night I would rate Le Bouquet Garni more highly.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank ChrissieDM
Dallas, Texas
“Exceptional Experience at a Reasonable Price”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

My husband and I chose to dine with friends at Le Bouquet Garni yesterday evening. After reading the Trip Advisor reviews, I was worried that the restaurant would be much too expensive (the website does not have a menu with price list) but we decided to forge ahead. What an incredible evening. We selected the 3 course seasonal menu for 69 euros pp. Dinner began with a complimentary amuse bouche which was a triple plate consisting of cream of mushroom soup, foie gras pate and macaroons, designed to look like a dessert. Sort of a dinner in reverse. Next, we were presented with a complimentary appetizer of artichoke souffle. The flavors multilayered and elegant. I could have consumed a bucket. Next, I selected the sea bream carpaccio with citrus while my husband chose the foie gras. My appetizer was excellent; his was more of a pate than a foie gras and his portion was too large to enjoy. For entrees, I chose the duck two ways (rare duck breast and confit) and he selected the monkfish. Both were divine. For dessert, I chose a hazelnut chocolate bar with hazelnut ice cream and he took the cheese plate. The waiter rolled out the cheese cart for him to select from the 10 cheeses they had available. The So, it totaled 5 courses for 69 Euro. We also chose to do the wine pairing, which cost roughly 30 euros each. For a Michelin Star restauarant based in Europe, I feel the price was very reasonable. They also have a 5 course offer at 89 euro but one of our party does not eat fish so we decided to stick with the smaller offering. The portions were perfect. We left very satiated and pleased without feeling as though we over-ate. I would absolutely recomment Le Bouquet Garni to anyone traveling to Luxembourg.

• Visited August 2012