“Best antipasti aroung”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Luxembourg
“Best antipasti aroung”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

The french italian cuisine is very good, but the antipasti buffet at lunch time is outstanding! The best I have seen and eaten so far! I strongly recommend to go there at lunch time anyway because the daily menu is a real bargain, specially if you include the antipasti... The stuff is very friendly, the location in the eldest part of Luxembourg City, wine is excellent what else do you need? Unfortunately, even though the restaurant is accessible in wheelchairs, with a little help to get through the narrow door, an over the pavements, the toilets are one floor up through an ancient full stone staircase. Not for people with a disability....

1 Thank Calindany

“Better than last time”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Last time I went there, I was disappointed.
This time, however, I must say the food was very good.
I had the day's special to start with: Piadina- like pizza dough filled with mozzarella and Parma ham - accompanied by a small salad. The Piadina was OK, the salad was good. Both were quite salty.
My main course was truffled lamb filet accompanied by spaghetti. The meat was excellent and very tender. The truffle sauce was quite salty again.

Don't get me wrong, I really like salt!

All in all this time I thought it was good value for money.

• Visited February 2014
“Not impressive”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I had reserved a table well in advance for a group of friends. When we arrived they claimed that the reservation was for the next day (it was not - I rechecked later cos I made it by e-mail), but luckily they managed to give us a table anyway.

Waiters were very nice and helpful, and we got the starters fairly quickly and they were ok too. But for the main course we had to wait for ages and when they finally came, there was a mistake with one of them (wrong side dish) and others were only luke warm so not very nice.

When getting desserts they had forgotten one of them... But I have to say that the desserts were very nice, tiramisu was huge and cafe gourmand excellent. Unfortunately, that did not save the evening.

Restaurant itself is very nice in the old part of the city. Pity, because personally I'm not going back :-(

1 Thank n1nn1
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Very good Italian food!”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I went there few days agiow while I have not been there for a very long time.
The decoration is rustique but nice.
The food is excellent and the wine list is very good as well.
The cost may be high but it is a restaurant in Luxembourg with a very good quality for food.
Service was correct.
I recommand that restaurant for the food quality but also for the location as it is in one of the most ancient building of the city!

• Visited February 2014
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Cosy restaurant in a perfect location”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

This is one of our favourite restaurants in Luxembourg and we have never been disappointed. The recommendations on the chalkboard are always very good. This time we didn’t have any starter but normally they are delicious. We had the filé de sole which was perfectly cooked served with thinly sliced zucchini and a vanilla and saffron flavoured sauce. Besides the fact that the sauce was a bit thin the taste was simply fantastic. As dessert we had the mixed cheese served with a glass of Montepuliciano d’Abruzzo. The wine was a recommendation from the waitress. I would have preferred another wine but I can only blame myself for not choosing what I wanted. The wine list is sufficient and the price range of the wines is between 25 and 60 Euros. We will definitely go there again! Price/Quality is definitely a 5 star restaurant. Only quality I would say a 4 star.