“One of the best in Luxembourg - but not cheap”
Review of Clairefontaine

Clairefontaine
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Very good restaurant; everything from set-up to food and service was perfect. We had the tasting menu with wine pairing at 135 Euros each - not cheap but it was worth it.

The atmosphere is rather formal but not over the top. Personally I find the restaurant a bit boring and lacking atmosphere.. but that's just me. It isn't very big, there are only about 10 tables so make sure to book well in advance.

I wouldn't necessarily consider Clairefontaine one of the best restaurants I've been to overall but certainly one of the best in Luxembourg.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

All is perfect in that restaurant: environment, nice personel, great food, very high quality of product!
If I could I woul dgo more oftenly!

1  Thank MhLuxembourg
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Everything was perfect! The food, wine, service and atmosphere. If you are thinking to organise a special and elegant evening I recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Elegant, a bit formal, good atmosphere. The food is quite good, both for quality and for presentation, but from a starred restaurant I'd expect more. The wine list is instead excellent, with some great French wines at a reasonable price. The service has room for improvement, I was there for a business dinner and the waiters kept on interrupting our conversation all too often.

1  Thank Paolo B
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is an elegant restaurant at the end of very fine square. Very attentive service. But I was not impressed by food: the amuse bouche were rather standard. As in French restaurants I was expecting a solid chunk of turbot, but had two pieces of fish instead not of the highest quality, considering that this is a starred Michelin guide restaurant. The truffed potatoes and celery chantilly seemed a bit over tasty in comparison.

2  Thank gianpaolo b