“horrible! possible food intoxication”
Review of Academie

Academie
Ranked #501 of 778 Restaurants in Luxembourg City
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“horrible! possible food intoxication”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I ve been eating there yesterday with friends. despite of expensive prices which is though normal for this location, the card was promising
i ordered"tomates crevettes"- bad choice. I felt really sick after having eaten it. I also ordered some side mayo which might also have been the source of my sickness.
Also for the price, the portion was very small.

i can also confirm the mentioned coke problem by a former review; my coke had barely any gaz.

it s a very touristic place; be careful.

• Visited April 2013

Boston, MA
“Delicious dinner!”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We found this place by accident, when our first choice turned out to have changed hands and menus. This is right on the main square in the old town, and we had a very enjoyable dinner. Two had the entrecote, while one had salmon, and each dish was very well prepared. The service was efficient. It was fairly busy, so the noise level was up a bit, but not too loud. It was quite a cold evening, so sitting outside wasn't really an option. I would eat here again.

• Visited October 2012
New York City, New York
“Delicious - like grand mere used to make”
Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

I had an excellent meal here - I sat outside and listened to the band in the square while eating delicious roast chicken which reminded me of dinner at my grandmother's house as a child! Service was attentive. I recommend it an would return if in Luxembourg again.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Delicious Food & Drink :)”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I enjoyed this restaurant very much...Surprised to see so many unfavorable reviews after dining at Academie this evening. Had the set 18 Euro menu consisting of quiche Lorraine, coq au Riesling and glacé for dessert. Each course was very good and an excellent value for the money!! The wine was also very good. I would definitely dine at Academie again when visiting Luxembourg city.

Den Bosch
“Bad quality (of food and service) for a high price”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We went 26-05-2012 for dinner to this restaurant to celebrate our 5-year of marriage.
Unfortunately the food and service was really terrible.
We had a very loud waiter who ran, instead of walked, up and down from terrace to kitchen and laughed about his jokes no-one liked. He did not even ask if we liked the food when we finished. He just asked if we were finished and grabbed the dishes in front of us. I think he knew what the aswer would have been.
After dinner I went to the toilet and was shocked again.
About the website of this restaurant, it doesn´t come near to reality. I didn´t recognise the restaurant on the site as the restaurant where we´ve been.

Next day we went to restaurant la Lorraine. The price we paid here was the same but worth every penny. Great service, beautiful tables with nice polished glasses, fresh food and nicely dressed waiters with good manners.

Next time we go to Luxemburg we will eat there.

• Visited May 2012