Ecletic mix of hotel experiences, all under one roof; some of which are fab and others feel rather pretentious. The 'fab' and 'wow' factor is definitely the view over the old city from the bar and restaurant. The panoramic views are certainly some of the best you will find in town and the food and service were top notch.
On the pretentious side, the rooms are well appointed but quite quirky having also compared notes with other friends that have stayed here. A feature of our room was a glass shower that was effectively in the bedroom itself. The type of feature you either love or hate and would work better in a much bigger space, hence the pretentious comment.
All in all our stay was great and the hotel a high quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Alzette and Petrusse Valleys, the luxurious Sofitel Luxembourg le Grand Ducal enjoys stunning views of the historic city centre. The hotel is at the centre of the Espace Petrusse complex, a short walk from major multinationals, embassies, major tourist attractions and shopping. On the top floor of the hotel is a high class restaurant serving gourmet cuisine prepared by a star rated chef. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Prestigia, HotelsClick, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Sofitel Luxembourg Le Grand Ducal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Lux Le Grand Ducal Hotel Luxembourg City
- Sofitel Hotel Luxembourg City
- Sofitel Luxembourg City
- Luxembourg City Sofitel
- Sofitel Luxembourg Le Grand Ducal Luxembourg City