“Hotel with character and the best car park ever!”

Parc Beaux-Arts Hotel Luxembourg
Ranked #23 of 49 Hotels in Luxembourg City
Dublin, Ireland
“Hotel with character and the best car park ever!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for one night. It is very well located. It is within walking distance of everything (I guess this is not unique for Luxembourg but it is truly city centre). We had a car and decided that it was best to pay the €30 overnight fee (parking in the city is basically non-existent) and we are so glad we did. It is the most modern, James Bond like car park we ever used and you get a little walk through part of underground Luxembourg with it. I will say no more as I don't want to spoil the experience, but we enjoyed it.

We had a room in the oldest part of the building. It was very clean and very well equipped. The room gets hot at night and I recommend earplugs to drown out the city noise. Free wi-fi is available. This worked very well on an iphone but was troublesome on android (wrong IP address on android. Once you fix that it will work fine). All in all though I can easily recommend this hotel. I clicked excellent value on this review as we got the room on booking dot com for €159. This was a weekend night but I believe the price is much higher during the week.

We didn't get the breakfast in the hotel. We took the short walk to a cafe called Boulangerie Paul Place d'Armes. This is a very lively little cafe/bakery and I have to recommend their croissants. Even if you want something else for breakfast - get a croissant there too!

Room Tip: Bring earplugs.
1 Thank niareg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for two nights and was one of the best hotel I have been so far.
The service was excellent and the people very friendly. Our room was ready long before check in, as requested when I booked, and they were very sweet in suggesting us things to do.
The rooms are quite big and cleaned and the breakfast was delicious. The location is right in the city centre and there are quite a lot of bars and restaurant around, it can be noisy but the windows are double glazed and it so nice to find such nice hotel staff that we compromised happily with the noise.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Not a bad hotel right in the heart of the old part of Luxembourg. Lots of good restaurants around and good pubs. Staff were fine, not overly helpful or chatty but fine. If you are tall, there are plenty of places to whack your head in this little old hotel (don't jump on the bed, there is a wooden board under the pillows which I whacked my head off, though this is probably more down to my own stupidity).

The hotel is quirky enough, rooms are decent size, the one I was in had a small sitting room, bathroom and bedroom, which was cool.

Worth a shot, though Luxembourg is pretty boring.

2 Thank hey_funboy
Chicago, IL
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in a very good location. The rooms are very spacious but they lack air conditioning, so you have to keep the window open and this is were the noise comes. The staff at the reception is quite indifferent despite the hotel small size. The lady in the adjoining cafe, however, is lovely and cares about the service.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Jax9000
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I usually do not stay in 4 star hotels, but as I was visiting a friend who wanted me central, it turned out to be a really good option. I must say though, it was too noisy for me, even though I came back really early in the morning from going out, the outside of the hotel was noisy 24/7 all weekend, and I did miss out on sleep because of it: even when wearing really good earplugs!

However, they have really nice large suites that are great! It is a separate living area and sleeping area, and the beds and beddings are the most comfortable I have ever slept in! Could stay in that bed all day if I could!

The cleanliness could have been better, as I found hairs in the bathroom and the floors were not really clean! The fact that there were no complimentary water in the room nor coffee/tea facilities ruined it for me, as I find that essential in ANY hotel room and I hope they will change that soon!

They were so kind to let me extend my check-out from 12 to 2 as I had a very late flight, which was very nice of them! But I did miss having someone to collect my luggage to take it down the deep and narrow stairs after the lift, as the lift did not go all the way to the ground floor:/

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Paris, France
Reviewed May 26, 2014

The hotel is great located and the rooms are beautiful, clean and big. The service at the hotel is great. Breakfast is a Little expensive but is good. Most of the activities are steps from the hotel. Luxembourg is a very beautiful city but do not plan to spend more than 2 days there.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank WorldtravelerI
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 22, 2014

This hotel has a wonderful location. Our room faced the Grand Duke's Palace in one direction and the Museum in the other. We felt we were on the set of a fairytale film!! We had a suite with a small lounge area, a bedroom and a very modern shower room. The shower had the old tiled fireplce in it. Weird but very stylish. It was a comfortable suite but there was a lack of storage space. There were three open shelves but two of these were taken up with the provided laptop and art catalogues. No problem I used the window shelves!!

We didn't pre-book parking as it was 30E a night. However when we arrived we realised that there was nowhere else convenient to park. The carpark is underground and automatic. So your car is taken with you down a first lift and then on its own down a second lift to be positioned. 30E didn't seem too expensive after that!! But do get yourself organised before you arrive as it would be difficult to retrieve anything afterwards.

We didn't experience any probem with noise even though we were at the front of the hotel. However it was Sunday and very quiet. The price we paid for a Sunday was about a quarter of the usual price.

Room Tip: Stay on a Sunday
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple