“Cosy little spot”

Parc Beaux-Arts Hotel Luxembourg
Ranked #24 of 49 Hotels in Luxembourg City
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Not a bad hotel right in the heart of the old part of Luxembourg. Lots of good restaurants around and good pubs. Staff were fine, not overly helpful or chatty but fine. If you are tall, there are plenty of places to whack your head in this little old hotel (don't jump on the bed, there is a wooden board under the pillows which I whacked my head off, though this is probably more down to my own stupidity).

The hotel is quirky enough, rooms are decent size, the one I was in had a small sitting room, bathroom and bedroom, which was cool.

Worth a shot, though Luxembourg is pretty boring.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hey_funboy
There are newer reviews for Parc Beaux-Arts Hotel Luxembourg

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in a very good location. The rooms are very spacious but they lack air conditioning, so you have to keep the window open and this is were the noise comes. The staff at the reception is quite indifferent despite the hotel small size. The lady in the adjoining cafe, however, is lovely and cares about the service.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Jax9000
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I usually do not stay in 4 star hotels, but as I was visiting a friend who wanted me central, it turned out to be a really good option. I must say though, it was too noisy for me, even though I came back really early in the morning from going out, the outside of the hotel was noisy 24/7 all weekend, and I did miss out on sleep because of it: even when wearing really good earplugs!

However, they have really nice large suites that are great! It is a separate living area and sleeping area, and the beds and beddings are the most comfortable I have ever slept in! Could stay in that bed all day if I could!

The cleanliness could have been better, as I found hairs in the bathroom and the floors were not really clean! The fact that there were no complimentary water in the room nor coffee/tea facilities ruined it for me, as I find that essential in ANY hotel room and I hope they will change that soon!

They were so kind to let me extend my check-out from 12 to 2 as I had a very late flight, which was very nice of them! But I did miss having someone to collect my luggage to take it down the deep and narrow stairs after the lift, as the lift did not go all the way to the ground floor:/

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 26, 2014

The hotel is great located and the rooms are beautiful, clean and big. The service at the hotel is great. Breakfast is a Little expensive but is good. Most of the activities are steps from the hotel. Luxembourg is a very beautiful city but do not plan to spend more than 2 days there.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank WorldtravelerI
Reviewed May 22, 2014

This hotel has a wonderful location. Our room faced the Grand Duke's Palace in one direction and the Museum in the other. We felt we were on the set of a fairytale film!! We had a suite with a small lounge area, a bedroom and a very modern shower room. The shower had the old tiled fireplce in it. Weird but very stylish. It was a comfortable suite but there was a lack of storage space. There were three open shelves but two of these were taken up with the provided laptop and art catalogues. No problem I used the window shelves!!

We didn't pre-book parking as it was 30E a night. However when we arrived we realised that there was nowhere else convenient to park. The carpark is underground and automatic. So your car is taken with you down a first lift and then on its own down a second lift to be positioned. 30E didn't seem too expensive after that!! But do get yourself organised before you arrive as it would be difficult to retrieve anything afterwards.

We didn't experience any probem with noise even though we were at the front of the hotel. However it was Sunday and very quiet. The price we paid for a Sunday was about a quarter of the usual price.

Room Tip: Stay on a Sunday
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2014

This hotel is in a perfect location to explore the old city. It faces the palace and is a short walk to restaurants and shops. And it is surrounded by nightlife. Quiet it was not. We heard the pubs closing late at night and then heard the school children lining up at the museum next door. We had the top flor suite which had tons of room although the charm of the beamed ceilings faded after we hit our heads on low beams several times. I'm only 5'6. Definitely not a room for a tall person. The staff was very professional and helped with directions and calls for taxi service. We will return although we will request another room

Room Tip: Top floor suite not for everyone, especially tall people
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2014

This is just a wonderful hotel. It's in the very best location possible in Luxembourg. The suite I had was large with two big rooms and a bathroom, large windows on two sides of the building, some of the facing the Grand Duke's palace.

It was a bit noisy at night (Saturday night) with the windows open but as soon as I closed them it was calm and peaceful.

Great service. Personal, fairly small and really comfortable. A great place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo