“Affordable stay in Luxembourg”

Novotel Luxembourg Kirchberg
Ranked #9 of 49 Hotels in Luxembourg City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 22, 2013

The only complaint would be the poorly designed shower door...but great location and courteous staff. More of a business hotel than a family one, but for our needs (we were visiting friends) it was a great location on the bus line into the city center and offered us two nice size queen beds for a family of four.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is quite new and therefore in a very good shape. The rooms are spacious, well equipped, quiet and clean. I liked the breakfast selection and the staff is friendly and efficient. The hotel is located in the business district, therefore less suited for a city trip.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

We had a one night stay in a superior room! It was so fresh and roomy! Huge bed, clean and great air con. There was a sofa and good size mini bar to out your own drinks in. Check in was easy staff friendly and there is paid parking. Make sure uou advise per hour or the 24hr rate of 15 euros on check in. Ask at reception for a map and the bus numbers they were very happy to provide this. Its 2 euros to get into the town centre. This hotel had a great fresh and modern feel to it and we spent the afternoon drinkies down at the bar. The room menu is a bit pricey so grab something from town before heading back. This hotel was exactly what we needed after two and a bit weeks on the road! Good place to kick back and relax. We booked about 6 months in advance and the price was good!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This hotel was average but for Luxembourg I would have expected more. The rooms were adequate, the evening meal could be better and the beer is not cheap. You need to ask about Happy Hour because the staff don't tell you.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband and I recently moved to Lux, and we stayed here for a week before finding & moving into our apartment. Great hotel! The rooms are spacious and clean, so you don't feel claustrophobic after being there for more than 1 night. Staff are friendly and helpful, and the bed/pillows were very comfortable. The hotel breakfast was a life-saver, as there aren't many cafes in the area, and it's so easy to run down in the morning & choose from Novotel's many delicious options. While the business district location is grey & rather uneventful, there's a bus stop on JFK (the main street, a stone's throw from the hotel) and you can easily get to the airport, the train station, or the city centre. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: My one concern was that while we were at Novotel, there was a Lux Dog Expo going on for 2 days nearb...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2013

It was an excellent hotel located in a serene environment. The service was great with extremely courteous staff. The food is a little pricey but the complimentary breakfast was excellent. A renovation work was ongoing at the time but it was so excellently organised it didn't affect the ambience of the hotel too much.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed in this hotel on a work trip for one night. I've stayed in other hotels in Luxembourg and this one did not measure up well at all. Check in took absolutely ages. The man on reception would have done open heart surgery quicker than he checked in myself and my two colleagues. However he gave us a free voucher for a drink in the bar so we were pleased with that. The bedroom was spacious and nice however the air conditioning didnt work well at all and the room was very stuffy - I couldn't sleep, and when I tried to turn down the temperature, it didn't work. I had a shower but there was absolutely no water pressure, it was a dribble - probably the worst hotel shower i've ever been in. My colleagues told me later that their showers were fine and it seemed like it was just my room. As I was just staying one night I didnt bother to report it. I was only out of the shower when there was a big bang and all the electrics went off. I rang reception and to be fair, a man came up to fix it very quickly however he was only gone when the same thing happened again. It turned out that the hairdryer was faulty and he had to replace it, but it took quite a while, just when I needed the hair dryer. Next morning breakfast was chaotic. There was nobody to seat us, just a free for all. The selection of food was not particularly good, but it was passable. Needless to say, checkout was very slow. I wouldn't return to this hotel in a big hurry. It's a business hotel, so everyone was in a rush and expected a high standard, I don't understand why they are getting it so wrong. Also I don't understand how this hotel is getting so many good reviews! I'm not particularly fussy (see my other hotel reviews) but this place was very mediocre. I think my room was worse than others and the shower was probably a one off, but even still, I won't return unless I have to.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Charlotte R, Responsable relations clients at Novotel Luxembourg Kirchberg, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Luxembourg. We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We have taken note of all your comments and we dress the situation very quickly.

We appreciate your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to better serve you in the near future.