“Excellent Choice”

Novotel Luxembourg Kirchberg
Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Luxembourg City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 23, 2013

It was an excellent hotel located in a serene environment. The service was great with extremely courteous staff. The food is a little pricey but the complimentary breakfast was excellent. A renovation work was ongoing at the time but it was so excellently organised it didn't affect the ambience of the hotel too much.

• Stayed: June 2012

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed in this hotel on a work trip for one night. I've stayed in other hotels in Luxembourg and this one did not measure up well at all. Check in took absolutely ages. The man on reception would have done open heart surgery quicker than he checked in myself and my two colleagues. However he gave us a free voucher for a drink in the bar so we were pleased with that. The bedroom was spacious and nice however the air conditioning didnt work well at all and the room was very stuffy - I couldn't sleep, and when I tried to turn down the temperature, it didn't work. I had a shower but there was absolutely no water pressure, it was a dribble - probably the worst hotel shower i've ever been in. My colleagues told me later that their showers were fine and it seemed like it was just my room. As I was just staying one night I didnt bother to report it. I was only out of the shower when there was a big bang and all the electrics went off. I rang reception and to be fair, a man came up to fix it very quickly however he was only gone when the same thing happened again. It turned out that the hairdryer was faulty and he had to replace it, but it took quite a while, just when I needed the hair dryer. Next morning breakfast was chaotic. There was nobody to seat us, just a free for all. The selection of food was not particularly good, but it was passable. Needless to say, checkout was very slow. I wouldn't return to this hotel in a big hurry. It's a business hotel, so everyone was in a rush and expected a high standard, I don't understand why they are getting it so wrong. Also I don't understand how this hotel is getting so many good reviews! I'm not particularly fussy (see my other hotel reviews) but this place was very mediocre. I think my room was worse than others and the shower was probably a one off, but even still, I won't return unless I have to.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Charlotte R, Responsable relations clients at Novotel Luxembourg Kirchberg, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Luxembourg. We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We have taken note of all your comments and we dress the situation very quickly.

We appreciate your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We loved that hotel. Breakfast was great, rooms were big and comfortable. View was nice, sleep quality was great. Location is in the business district and it is OK.
Stay there and pick that hotel without hesitation,

Room Tip: Pick the rooms starting with 2xx. This will save to time to Access to front desk, breakfast, check i...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ersinyx
Reviewed April 19, 2013

A very nice hotel experience. Everyone working there put the customer first. Great Internet facilities. Excellent room and very clean and well designed. The room service food was awesome although we had to go and pick it up ourselves. Parking should be free though for guests of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 18, 2013

After a very disappointing stay at the neighbouring Sofitel last year, the Novotel restored my enjoyment of Luxembourg and the Accor group of hotels. the Kirchberg is about 30 minutes walk from the centre of Luxembourg, but the route is scenic, especially if you go through the park behind the modern art museum (don't try this at night: its steep and unlit). There is a large shopping centre on JF Kennedy Avenue, 20 minutes walk from the hotel. Road access is easy. Follow airprt signs on the motorway until you pick up Kirchberg signs. Once in the Quartier Europeen Nord the Novotel is well signposted.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is a modern functional hotel in the business area of Kirchberg. The rooms are large, comfortable and clean. The bar and breakfast area is nice, but does get very busy. Free internet in the room and access to Macs in the reception area. Too far to walk into the centre comfortably, but a great bus service running every few minutes on the main street into the centre. At 2 euros this is a great alternative to expensive taxis. For restaurants you need to either go to the centre (where there is good choice), or up the road (again on the bus) to the Auchun centre.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Novotel Luxembourg Kirchberg hotel very much. The breakfast was excellent, with many different types of food. I chose to stay at this hotel because of its proximity to the EU institutions.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business