“Good lunchtime option”

Ukulele
Ranked #86 of 790 Restaurants in Luxembourg City
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Small restaurant in clausen with friendly owners, serving some of the best authentic thai dishes outside of Thailand. **Under new management since March 2017, same cooking staff**
Reviewed July 26, 2014

One of the standard lunch options for my work, recommended for their plat du jour. Service is usually quick and food is good-quality Thai. Try their drunken noodles!

There are newer reviews for Ukulele

Reviewed July 15, 2014

We were looking for another restaurant in the Clausen area, but went into the wrong place--they didn't serve food, but one of the customers pointed us to Ukulele, after letting us know the restaurant we were looking for was over-priced. We lucked out, it was rather early by European standards, so we were able to get a table without a reservation. By the time we were leaving people were being turned away. The food was excellent and we didn't want to leave any behind so left very stuffed. We had the Panang chicken and the Pad Thai along with Guiness and the cocktail of the year (week was crossed out)--a cape codder. We have already recommended this restaurant to others and if we lived nearby, would be regular visitors.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

This is one of our favorite Thai restaurants in Luxembourg. The price is excellent and the location in Clausen is great. We've traveled to Thailand and can say that the flavors are also authentic. The only suggestion I'd make is that they start with desserts, especially mango and sticky rice. It's a bit difficult to get through and book a table, but I've found that I've had the best luck just around 6pm. We've experienced both owners, and one is a lot friendlier and well-tempered than the other. I won't name names as we are regular customers :) Highly recommend!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

After living in Thailand few restaurants deliver true Thai flavours, but Ukulele is an excellent example of great Thai cuisine at very reasonable prices. You need to book in advance as it is regularly full but once there the menu is really wonderful. Enhanced by the large gin and tonics...oops...I mean the very friendly service of Louise who you will find both behind the bar and in the restaurant. Khop Khun Krab!!

1  Thank Jiminthesuninlux
Reviewed May 29, 2014

'Keep the secret', that is what I was told by a regular when I visited this restaurant. And indeed, it is quite unique. Service is done by one of the owners, setting is rustic, casual. The restaurant holds only a few seats so book in advance and remember to bring cash. Food it good, fits the setting completely. It is not fine dining and no; I would not bring my mother-in-law, but I will go back with friends and hang out and relax.
Well done!