I have been here several times. I have tried also many dishes and I ´ll talk about them.
The concept of the restaurant is good, modern, fresh, it seemed to be the best Mexican place to eat I have been in BENELUX.
The decoration is nice, sometimes the interiors can be a bit dark especially in dinner time.
They have to double check the Menu before print it. It has some grammar mistakes in Spanish and well, it doesn´t cost anything to put the Ñ instead the N in "NIÑOS".
Most of the times we were served by a very nice waitress I think Miry is her name. She was very helpful when we asked recommendations, and she was also friendly, efficient and warm with all the other customers.
In one of the last visits we were served by a waiter who was very nice to us, but I was shocked when I went to the toilette downstairs and I heard how he spoke to some staff members. I assumed he should be the manager or something because it is no way a colleague can talk like that to another one. I do speak Spanish and the way he said the things was very rude and to be honest I felt sorry for the people who have to tolerate this behavior in their workplace. I have experience working in customer service and I was never ever talked like that by any of my former managers.
Afterwards I told my partner about it and we were stressed because we were a bit afraid of asking something because we didn´t want to add more stress to the staff, we felt kind of pity for them, and this is not ok.
- Fried sweet potatoes (great flavor, great idea but it is not Mexican)
- Salmon ceviche (I took it ages ago as a Menu, and I couldn´t finish! It tasted not nice...first, ceviche, the Peruvian, Equatorian, Caribbean, Mexican or any other variety, is never cooked with blue fish, like salmon, it is with white fish or other seafood like shrimps, octopus, etc)
- Todos Tacos (Assortiment of Tacos) they are delicious...home made wheat flour tortilla, but....very expensive for the portions they serve! Not too much meat and full of lettuce! The real tacos in Mexico are not like that.
-Tacos dorados....sorry but they reminded me frozen ones you can get in on-line shops =(
-Chilli con carne....I know for making money is a good dish because ignorant people (the ones that never have been in Mexico in their lives) should ask this dish thinking it is Mexican....but IT IS NOT...!!!! A good Mexican Restaurant overseas, actually doesn´t offer this dish because they know it is an US Tex-Mex dish. I was very disappointed to see it in the Menu.
- Guacamole....very good, fresh ingredients, great choice!
- Arroz rojo....well done!
- Margaritas....good ones!
- Margarita strawberry....nicely presented but bitter, it would be nice to add a bit more of syrup ;)
-Beer selection...fantastic! It would be nice to include Carta Blanca or Indio as they are quite popular in all over northern Mexico.
The presentation of the dishes are great, nicely done!
We perceived some changes in the Menu, they were good though! I know that the new chef is Mexican and we are so happy to know it as this will allow to keep this place as authentic as it should be...We hope the managers take in account people´s feedback, it has all the potential.
For the location it couldn´t be better!
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.