“delicious greek food and wine”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ambrosia

Ambrosia
Ranked #15 of 744 Restaurants in Luxembourg City
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“delicious greek food and wine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

i read about this place on trip advisor and decided to go check it out... both my friend and i were well impressed with the friendly prompt service, the delicious food and the wine selection...

• Visited April 2013

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
Bellevue, Washington
“Good food, but service could be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

We went to Ambrosia for lunch in between business meetings. I arrived before my colleagues and didn't realize that our group was smaller than originally planned. They made us move to a different table when the restaurant was empty. When we got our menus the waiter came to take our order, but he left when we didn't know what to order and didn't come back for a long time.

I ordered the moussaka and it was very delicious. My colleague had a mixed grill and she really enjoyed it.

• Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“It's all Greek to me!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

While it is a long way from Greece this restaurant still makes a valiant attempt to bring the cuisine of its motherland to the table. It seems like a family run business and the staff are efficient and professional, but not overly personable.

There was a good wine menu but we opted for the refreshing and very malty Mythos Greek beer. We tried the warm pitta with olive pâte which was excellent and something that could definitely be replicated at home. The dolmades were served hot as they contained meat and were quite nice.

For main course we tried the Stilado, or lamb shank slow roasted over a bed of shallots and tomato sauce, which was delicious and the meat was very tender. The Moussaka was tasty in that it had nice flavouring but it was a little on the dry side and needed more tomato sauce.

Overall a nice place to have a meal, even if the food was not necessarily the most convincing Greek that has ever been served up.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank zippyfan
Rethymnon, Greece
“Average at best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Just the usual meat-heavy Greek cuisine in Northern/Western Europe that doesn't have much in common with the food that's served in Greece (which usually includes many vegetarian options where freshness is paramount)? Eggplant salad (Melitzanosalata) was a disaster, heavy on garlic and mayonnaise (why mayonnaise? why??? if I want convenience food I can stay home!). Meatball (Mpifteki) stuffed with feta was average. Mince was mixed beef/pork. The Amethystos dry rose wine was a nice find at 29 euro and probably saved the meal. The oven-cooked lamb with eggplant I had on my previous visit was much better. Maybe it's best to stick to oven-cooked dishes. Friendly waiter (accepted to replace a pork skewer of the 'Hellas' platter my company had ordered although the latter hadn't clearly stated that he didn't wish any pork at all), nice setting. Really just average, but could be so much better.

• Visited December 2012
4 Thank mylonakis
“Well...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

I love Greece and greek food, but to be honest i was very disappointed after my first visit to this resto.
I had grilled calamar...and it didnt look & taste nice. In addition it was served just with some white rice and a tiny salad.
while ordering i asked to replace rice with some french fries or grilled vegs but they told me this will be at an additional cost...how nice...
Well, there are some italian restos around where one can get delicious grilled calamars, so i dont think i ll go back to this greek one...

3 Thank Aquarius20102010