“Walking shoes on!”
Review of Petrusse Casemates

Petrusse Casemates
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is a little hidden hideaway in quiet Luxembourg City. You can take the tour bus or have a lesurely stroll and a steep climb up to the main town. Green grassy areas, play park for kids and a few restaurants open in the evening. Small quaint hotels and a tourist office tucked away which was on holidays in August!
Beautifiul region that could easily be missed. Not a lot to do here unfortunately.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I was amazed by its architecture and the fact that its a UNESCO world heritage site made it look just awesome. It was nice to know that how the people of Luxembourg saved their city with this unique architecture. A must visit site in Luxembourg.

2  Thank KP85
Reviewed September 1, 2013

For a mere 3 euro fee, a guide takes you on a 40 minute (approximately) tour through the casements. Lots of stairs with handrails and comfy shoes are suggested. Our tour was in English and the guides speak English, French and German. The guide provides a historical prospective to these fortifications. It is underground, claustrophobics be advised.

2  Thank rf06903
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Going down to the river is possible to get an up close view of this site however I would recommend just some photos of the Pertrusse Casements from the Casements du Boc up above.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Do not skip this attraction! It cost 3 Euros for student and 4 Euros for others to get in. I really liked the views and the mix of modern display among the twisting tunnels of the Casemates. It does not overwhelm the original architecture. I recommend being EXTREMELY careful as you walk down the stairs. They are very steep and small and SLIPPERY steps. The average person will most likely find themselves walking down sideways. I will post a picture of the staircase where I feel you should be most vigilant as this is where I busted my own butt. The material used to make the stairs has caved in in some parts and this material is also naturally very slippery for some reason. The stairs are in the area of section G (when you have your tour pamphlet you will understand) but also look for the silver piping which you can see in my picture and use the hand rails! I would rate lower but I feel the experience is still above average just a bit unsafe and also after winding through the caves it becomes a bit underwhelming after a while. I came across this through a guided tour map I received at the tourist office, I recommend getting it and it is only about a 4km walk.

3  Thank knexster