“Clean, comfortable and friendly”
Review of Alvisse Parc Hotel

Alvisse Parc Hotel
Ranked #17 of 49 Hotels in Luxembourg City
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

+ Huge car park and easy bus access into luxembourg city
+ Able to check in when we arrived which was before the stated check in time
+ Spotless room
+ Friendly and helpful service
+ Reasonably priced bar
+ Provided us with lunch boxes as we were checking out too early for breakfast (starts at 7am)

- Double bed was 2 singles pushed together, even the bedding was 2 single duvets
- Relatively small room, probably too small for more than 3 nights
- Being a tea fanatic I like to see tea and coffee facilities in the rooms, ours lacked this
- Not particularly soundproof corridors, we were able to hear people returning to their rooms at 4am! (Although this was a Saturday night and the hotel had held a wedding reception)

We are a couple in our mid 20s and stayed here just for one night. It was ideally located for us, comfortable, clean and the staff were lovely and spoke good english. Perhaps not idelic for longer stays, but for a weekend base to explore Luxembourg it is perfect.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Jen H
There are newer reviews for Alvisse Parc Hotel

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Lovely location, not far from Luxembourg City center. For those interested, the staff provided maps and time tables for the public transportation to/from the hotel.
Nice view of the forest around the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MMG075
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Hotel is lovely and modern in the inside, outside doesn't really look like a hotel. Sauna and gym facilities were closed when I was there and it rained most of the time so didn't use outdoor pool. Breakfast was great every morning as there was a range of different items to make everyone happy. Rooms were bigger than expected and had everything needed. Bathroom was nice but very slippery after a shower.

Staff in reception, restaurant and bar area spoke great English. I found the bar staff were very rude to us any time we were having a drink before dinner. They gave out to anyone who wanted something other than beer or a easy soft drink. One man working there asked me to order something simpler as he didn't want me to make me a cocktail when no other customer was waiting and the place was quiet.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We used this hotel to break the journey to Calais and to visit Trier, a short drive to the border. The room was spacious, free wifi with good coverage. Food was very good and the restaurant staff attentive. Didn't try the outdoor pool as it was late and a bit chilly! Would be happy to come back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Joolz H
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We used this hotel as a stopover driving from France to the ferry at Amsterdam. I was really impressed with the hotel and would liked to have stayed longer.

The hotel is easy to find on a main road with plenty of warning. The signs simply say “Parc Hotel”. Reception staff were very helpful and friendly and could speak English very well.
There is lots of free parking around the hotel in their large car park.

The bedrooms were great and looked like they had been recently refurbished. We were at the back so it was really quiet but the view is not great as it is only onto a yard. The beds were amazingly comfortable so you will be assured of an amazing sleep. There was a wedding at the hotel when we stayed but didn’t hear anything at all in the rooms.

Breakfast was busy but a great choice of lots of different things – hot cooked sausages, egg or croissants, cereals, bread, yoghurt, fresh fruit. It is self service so this was slow as it was so busy.

Check out was fast and efficient with friendly staff.

I would highly recommend this hotel for the comfortable beds, great staff and easy to find with great free parking.

Room Tip: Very quiet at the back but not a great view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank AngusAsh
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I recently stayed for 3 nights in your Alvisse Parc hotel during a training course. As someone who travels frequently, I must say I have never experienced worse service before. Each time I needed any of your services, especially in the reception, I was treated very coldly. I felt like my presence was considered a nuisance, which is certainly not what you expect from a 4 star hotel. For my last night I didn't have a room, and no one made any attempt to help me with this. The staff told me that they weren't even aware of any other hotels nearby, which was evidently not the case. During the course of one day, I politely asked no less than 6 times if a one-person room had become available, to no avail. Then, on my last night, I was informed that there had indeed been rooms available but that they had been given to other guests. Fortunately, I managed to find another hotel myself for that night. A taxi to this hotel would have cost me 27 euros for a 5 minute journey, so I asked if there was a bus going in that direction. The staff told me that they did not know. I then found out from another hotel guest that there was in fact a bus stop situated more or less right outside your hotel.

In summary, I will most certainly not be recommending the Alvisse Parc hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Emilia82_13
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I was here only one night and I wanted to relax in their pool. But it was closed, compensation was outdoor pool. But at 15'C? Really no, thanks. Room was renovated and very nice, but minibar was missing. Hotel is located approximately 100m from very rush main street so it was a little bit noisy. Wifi is free and breakfast was excellent!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family