Youth Hostel Luxembourg City
$205
$194
  • Restaurant
Le Place d'Armes Hotel(Luxembourg City)
$305
Hotel Vauban(Luxembourg City)
$149
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg(Luxembourg City)(Great Value!)
$193
Doubletree
  • Pool
Novotel Luxembourg Centre(Luxembourg City)
$234
$287
$272
Melia.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Carlton(Luxembourg City)(Great Value!)
$178
$165
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Luxembourg Sud(Luxembourg City)
$105
$102
Agoda.com
$240
$233
  • Pool
All reviewsbunk bedsping pongno wifi in the roomsthe busfree breakfastaffordable accommodationbig lockersbig hillbock casematesbudget staytable tennisperson roomcommon areasprivate bathroomsliced meatsincluded in the priceyour luggage
Reviewed July 18, 2012

The rooms were lovely and clean, the first hostel we've been to that was modern and build specifically for backpackers. We arrived late and had to get a taxi but the cost wasn't too expensive. All our room-mates were asleep so we had to bring the laptop downstairs but the wifi was excellent in the lobby and there were a lot of vending machines and food available down there. We had a good sleep, the bathrooms were spotless and everything was very cost-effective. We really enjoyed our stay, the only problem we had was the terrible directions the man on reception gave us to get the bus back into the centre!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Our first accomodation during our wine trip. The hostel is located in the middle of the city centre. There are parking spaces and the reception was very friendly, everything went smoothly.

The beds were okay, basic comfortable. There were not enough electricity opportunities for everyone to charge up their cell phones. Another weird aspect is that we had to pick up our linnens for the beds. The showers were clean but the toilets were not clean at all. I had to take the disabled toilets due to the fact that every toilet in the hotel was not clean. A big miss.

The bar was nice, friendly personell and they can speak multiple languages. A good aspect!
The breakfast was okay, nothing bad but nothing impressive.

The most positive aspect is that there is a good ambiance in the hostel, chit chatting with other guests is really easy and there is enough space to socialize. Also the internet is free as well.

In the end a perfect hostel, I consider the toilet issue as an incident, otherwise this hostel was perfect.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

We hadn't planned on visiting Luxembourg so turned up without a booking and the staff were very helpful in finding us beds. We were lucky enough to get the last 2 beds that night. It's in a great location and easy to get to on the bus from the station (just ask the bus driver what stop to get off at). Its location is also great for exploring the old town and is just under the unesco wall. Rooms were clean as were the bathrooms.
The restaurant has reasonably priced food and breakfast was good.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed July 12, 2012

The cheapest (and only) option for visiting the expensive Luxembourg during a long w/e (Whit Monday) when in the whole country and even along the route to the nearby city of Trier in Germany, only a handful of super-expensive hotels remained available. I booked through booking.com and upon my arrival I was impressed by the scenery (under an aqueduct) and the modern look. The last time I checked-in a “youth hostel” was before 15 years. … Perhaps things have changed ever since, but it was not at all intended for youth only. People of all age ranges … from noisy junior school kids playing hide-&-seek and running in the corridors … to pensioneers and families. I paid with my credit card and filled-in the registration forms, but couldn’t get a room key because it was “too-early”. I visited the town, that you can easily access on foot in 10mins. Above the youth hostel, in a steep uphill and just 2-3 mins walk is the Dent Creuse (Hollow tooth …remainings of the very first Luxembourg castle and also the entrance to Cassemates Bock). So the hostel is ideally located for sight-seeing and access to the town. Added bonus, the Free parking.
When I returned in the afternoon to get the key-card to my room, I found out that it was fully occupied… I returned to the reception, and got the room key for a “mixed” dormitory … that was totally free. Well, I didn’t enjoy that “exclusive” use for the whole night, since at 03:00 in the morning, I woke up by a couple of motorcyclists that checked in… The facilities are clean, but at a sunny and humid day, the corridors ventilation was inexistent. Breaksfast (served from 06:30 -09:00) was average … you could fill-up with ham&cheese sandwitches, butter&honey bread slices and cereals. It became above average when a basket with kiwi and green apples appeared… but soon was empty and never re-filled. Last but not least, after I checked-out I was charged extra 3.44 EUR. I have SMS alerting for all charges incurring to my credit card, so I called them immediately. They didn’t know what this charge was for … They tried to explain that it is probalby for the booking site. I explained that I was quoted a unified price … and I don’t care how much is for the hostel organization, for city tax and for booking fees, and it is totally unacceptable to have unauthorized charges, after my check-out … even for such small amounts. All in all, even with the not-authorized and non-explained charges, the total cost of the stay and the proximity to city made it well worth it.

Room Tip: Call them before arrival ... Rooms at the far end of the corridor are less noisy
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 29, 2012

This hostel is definitely top-notch...I suppose that should not be a surprise, considering that it is located in Luxembourg!

It is set in the city's famous valley, which is very beautiful. And, it is only a ten-minute walk into the town. I enjoyed its location because it was peaceful.

The rooms and the bathrooms were very good. Clean and well-equipped. The Wifi was also free of charge and there is a nice common room with a TV and big couches.

I especially liked the restaurant. The food was surprisingly really good and the prices were reasonable. There were different daily specials every day of the week and they did not fail to please. The breakfast was always filling, too.

The staff was also wonderful! David, Charel and the Portuguese guy were especially nice.

The only drawback that I found highly disruptive was the constant change of rooms. I find this to be a very negative practice. Essentially, the hostel gives preference to groups over individuals and they will move you around like a chess piece as they see fit. This is the only single factor which prevents me from rating this hostel as 'excellent'...but it is important, as it becomes very intrusive and messes up your day. Traditionally, hostels don't keep friends together...you go where there is room. In essence, the hostel is being administered like a hotel, which takes away from its foundation.

One thing to know: Luxembourg offers an amazing travel pass that is valid for travel all around the country on their bus system for only 4 euros per day!! An absolute bargain. I highly recommend visiting Vianden and Echternach.

Also, if you go to the highly informative tourist office, ask for Claude. He is charming, knowledgeable and speaks many languages.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends