“Worth to stay a nite!”

Youth Hostel Luxembourg City
HK
“Worth to stay a nite!”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The outlook doesn't like a hostel at all.

The staff is very friendly. When we arrived, he did the registration very quick, gave us a set of blanket/cover/pillow case. They were clean.

The staff in cafe are also good. We couldn't read the dutch menu and the staff translated it for us. The food wasn't that good. We watched a football match with guests in cafe, very excited and enjoyable.

The place and room are clean and neat. The washroom and toilet are clean too.

We were not lucky to stay in a 6-bed room with a guy who wore underwear to sleep. When I opened the door, he immediately said sorry. I was embarrassed and really wanted to change room. I'm not sure if the YH allows. I couldn't sleep for that nite.

The location isn't that good. We had to go thru long deep-slope roads to get there. But it is worth to stay in terms of price and facilities.

Winnie and Terry from HK, Apr 18, 2012

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Sydney
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Have been hosteling around Europe for a few months with a friend, both young. It is false when it says 'youth hostel'. we didnt see anyone else our age!! im not joking when I saw there were many 70+ people staying there. Our room mates were 50+ women..it was just wierd.
However if you dont want a community hostel experiance then its perfect, more of a hotel, but in dorm rooms. Clean and nice salad bar. Thats about it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 3, 2012

We were with a large group of friends and needed a place to stay, didnt want to pay too much as we would literally spent 6 hours tops in the accommodation.

Our room was for 6, which we all occupied and was clean, not too small and basically really good. As I had never stayed in hostels before, i did not bring any towels, neither did my friends. There is an option to rent them at the front desk, but they were all out when we inquired.

I enjoyed it, and would recommend definitely for groups

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Tromsø, Troms, Norway
Reviewed February 27, 2012

WiFi in rooms. The interior looks fresh and new, and the hostel is clean. Remember to bring your own towels. Breakfast in the morning is basic (toast and cereal).

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Bruxelles, Belgique
Reviewed February 10, 2012

The building and the location looked great, like it was brand new or so. Very bright inside. Quiet area and very green around. The staff at reception was nice.

The dorms were very clean and so were the bathrooms. I didn't meet anyone in the hostel as I didn't spend much time there and was alone in the dorm too but I enjoyed its cleanliness and basic but nice furniture.

They offer a shuttle service to the main train station, which I thought was quite enjoyable as I really didn't feel like taking the bus to town as I was quite tired.

As for the costs I thought it was a bit expensive but it's average price for Luxembourg...

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Hangzhou, China
Reviewed February 3, 2012

As i've read it's not like a hostel but a GOOD hotel.
It's really clean, in a good position (10min walk from the city center) with big rooms and good services like free wifi, nice breakfast, and a lot of extra services like table games, pool, dinning room etc...
Definetely I'll repeat if go there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank efpicas
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I stayed here for one night due to only having 50e in my pocket and no cc's! Tourist info gave the details and the prices. upon turning up, they said they only had 1 bed left sharing with 5 other strangers. This was my first hostel visit, so was really hoping to have a room to myself - you know, to ease myself into hostelling!
Anyway, I left, pondered, walking about for a bit - then it started snowing so I went back lol. It was a different lady on reception who advised there was plenty of rooms available?? So I booked a room for the amount I knew it would be, then there were a string of Add-ons like, deposit for the key, deposit AND CHARGE for use of a very small towel etc. So I had just enough change to buy one beer!
But the main reason for my my poor scoring was due to the 10am check out time? What? Maybe this is the norm in hostels, but it did shock me :)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo