“If you touch me, I’ll scream!” No, this did not come from the hotel maid but from our bathroom door, a semi-transparent, flimsily folding accordion-type thing that shrieked back and forth on its poorly fitted top rail. Even then it would not close completely until you got the magnet on the top close enough to its base, then it caught with a loud “SNAP!” I got up once at 4 a.m. and woke up everybody in the hotel.
It has a good location, very close to train station, and is quiet. (except for the bathroom doors.)
Breakfast was rolls, butter, jelly, cheese.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Italia has a name that leaves little doubt about what is there. Italian culinary tradition and spirit of Mediterranean family make the whole atmosphere of the place. But it is also the first Italian restaurant of Luxembourg, become indispensable today. In 1962, Leo and Anna Antognoli Trigatti, his wife, write the history of this institution, with any family: Dario and Nilde Antognoli, brothers and sister are working to mixtures of hot and cold dishes while their mamma Maria Antognoli- Bussaglia is the source of all revenue. The latter is a wealth of knowledge that has revived this cuisine in its purest sense. The pasta, salads, lasagna, tiramisu and all the restaurant's specialties have the same flavor as it was 100 years in Italy. The restaurant quickly became an institution visited by all the Luxembourg gratin because there is no place more simple and easy to sample Italian specialties. The generosity of the plates and the service to the old do not leave the choice to leave sated and satisfied. This simplicity is found in meat and fish dishes; let the product speak: beef tenderloin, veal cutlet, saltimbocca, grilled fish or scampi ... Warm Aparthotel The 19th-century building that houses the restaurant already rented rooms at the time. A boon in this area of the Luxembourg Railway Station. The hotel has always been known for its warm and friendly welcome. The fame of the house has only grown as the travelers passed the word. Now fully renovated and turned into apartment hotel, it continues to attract visitors with a modernized comfort and the latest amenities. Leo's smile Antognoli has meanwhile not changed and it is now his daughter Leah, who took control of this legendary hotel and restaurant of Luxembourg, always looking for the total satisfaction of each customer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel-Restaurant Italia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel-Restaurant Italia Hotel Luxembourg City
- Hotel Italia Luxembourg
- Hotel-Restaurant Italia Luxembourg/Luxembourg City