All reviewspiano barleading hotels of the worldtraditional roomstar hotella pommespa facilitiessauna and steam roomhotel is centrally locatedturn down servicebusiness triplocation is excellentbreakfast buffetfantastic hotelgood sizestandard roomcold meatsold town
Reviewed October 23, 2017

I have to admit It was hard to find a suitable Hotel to stay in Luxembourg city!

And after a long research on trivago and tripadvisor I ended up booking the Royal directly through their website: free breakfast, free return airport transfers (pre booked by e-mail), no extra charge for one 7 years old child. Plus, access to the indoor pool, sauna and gym.

I was really impressed with the service. There was someone waiting for us at the airport when we arrived, we were offered one bottle of water each, got to the hotel in 10 minutes, luggage was immediately sent to the room. The room itself was very comfortable with a great lighting system, with all necessary amenities, including robes, slippers, umbrella.

The Hotel is 5 minutes from Place d'Armes, so truly central.

Next day we had breakfast, that was very good, and when we got back to the room they had already cleaned it. At night they also had a turn down service and chocolates were left on the bed.

The only negatives were the bathroom slide door that was hard to close, specially if you have long nails, and a small quibble with Breakfast that was immediately solved.

You won't fall in love with the Hotel itself, as - at least in my opinion - the architecture is unimpressive, but they truly compensate with excellent service in every way.

I highly recommend this Hotel, and don't forget to have a drink at the Piano Bar!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank pcfialho
Leroyalluxembourg, General Manager at Le Royal Hotels & Resorts - Luxembourg, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2017

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your excellent review about your recent stay at Le Royal Hotels & Resorts – Luxembourg with your family and thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are thrilled about your detailed comment and for recommending us to future travelers! It is also a pleasure to hear that our team made your stay so memorable and that they gave you an excellent service throughout your stay. Our team works very hard to meet and ultimately exceed the expectations of our guests. They will be very happy to hear about your kind words.

We hope to see you again soon for another unforgettable time with us.

Best regards,

Hotel Le Royal Luxembourg – Member of the Leading Hotels of the World

Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

Stayed there in the weekend during a short trip to Luxembourg.
Clean and nice seized room, located on 1 floor. Unfortunately the room above us made a continuously (nearly 2 hours) racket of pushing furniture around....
Anyway the breakfast was great and so was the very alternative staff.
Will come back!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Leroyalluxembourg, General Manager at Le Royal Hotels & Resorts - Luxembourg, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2017

Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing Le Royal Hotels & Resorts Luxembourg for your weekend trip to Luxembourg and many thanks for sharing your impressions with fellow travelers.

I am happy to hear that you had a nice stay, enjoyed the cleanliness, the room size as well as the breakfast and our service.

I am very sorry you felt disturbed by your upstairs neighbors. We hope this does not occur again, and if so, please inform our front office about any disturbances.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

I have no idea whether the hotel is any good or not and I will not ever find out, because I'm never going to stay there. Reason; I booked three rooms and then a week before had to change plan and cancel. All within their stipulated timeframe for cancellations. I could not find the reservation confirmation email for the reservation done through the hotel's own website (reason was that the mail did not come from "leroyal" or somesuch, though it was presumably sent from the hotel), so I called Le Ridicule Royal, gave them my name, the dates & the credit card number and asked them to cancel the bookings. Reply? "If you can't find the booking number, we cannot cancel your booking". Perfect way to make sure I'll never ever stay at your hotel or any other of your properties.
A few years ago I had to cancel a booking at a Park Hyatt after my plane was delayed. Not only did they cancel it without charging me (which they were perfectly entitled to and to which I would not have objected), they sent me an email saying: Sorry you won't be staying with us this time. We hope to see you next time you are in town." They did and they have seen me many times since then.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Leroyalluxembourg, General Manager at Le Royal Hotels & Resorts - Luxembourg, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I am very sorry to hear about your poor experience with us and I understand your disappointment.

Your review is extremely valuable to us, as we at Le Royal Hotels & Resorts - Luxembourg, one of The Leading Hotels of the World, constantly strive to improve our services and customer experiences that we provide. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Reservations & Revenue Manager, Ms. Nathalie Scheid, n.scheid@leroyal.com, to tell us why you were disappointed in greater detail. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated in order to help us understand how we can improve ourselves.

I hope I can convince you to change your mind about a visit to our hotel in the near future and I would be very happy to have a chance to turn your experience around!

With my best regards,

Le Royal Hotels & Resorts Luxembourg - Leading Hotels of the World

Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

5 star excellence!!! Staff is friendly and helpful. Rooms are large for European rooms and have all the amenities you would expect from a 5 star hotel. Parking is around back and small. Will check out the restaurant tonight and provide an update.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Leroyalluxembourg, General Manager at Le Royal Hotels & Resorts - Luxembourg, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2017

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your fabulous evaluation on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to read that you had an excellent stay with us at Le Royal Luxembourg enjoying our very friendly and helpful service. Our team is very dedicated to ensuring our guests have a great stay, and they will be happy to read your positive feedback.

Did you enjoy a delicious meal in one of our two restaurants? We look forward to reading your review about it and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

We were totally shocked at how lovely this hotel was!

Upon arrival we were offered valet parking which was very reasonable, our luggage was taken are off immediately.

While checking in we were given a map and offered any help should we need it.

Once we arrived in the room we were taken aback to find fresh fruit, chocolates & a letter from the manager as it was our anniversary which was a lovely surprise.

Our luggage was delivered to our room & we were given a brief on our room.

The hotel staff were very helpful, friendly & approachable and answered all our needs.

The hotel is near the centre so is in walking distance for all your needs.

It has lots of amenities and we did not require anything else.

Again what we noticed was after travelling to many different countries this country did not expect a tip! This is nice, however we did tip as the service was good.

If we visit Luxembourg again we will definetly stay at this hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Guests,

We are delighted to receive such an outstanding 5 star review from you. Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience in our hotel with fellow travellers and thank you for recommending us.

It is such a pleasure to hear that our staff and service was helpful, friendly and approachable and made your anniversary stay a special one, taking care of all your wishes and needs and even surprising you with fresh fruit, chocolates and a welcome letter from the management. We will share your lovely review with our staff who will be thrilled to receive such good feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back again to Hotel Le Royal Luxembourg on your next trip to Luxembourg.

Best regards,