My husband and I have already stayed 3 times this year, for over 2 weeks during each stay.
I have to start with service and the staff. They truly make this property all it is. Without the service, this could very well be a 2 star hotel. Friendly, excellent, well mannered, professional, and helpful staff. Location is their other strong positive. It is well located next to a lovely park, and only 1 block away from City Center, if not in center, close to banking, shops, restaurants, and attractions. Rooms are clean, good size & turn down service is a nice touch. The hotel has a gym, indoor pool, sauna, and steam room, are ok, because just as rest of the hotel, they also need remodeling. As far as restaurants, we have only visited the breakfast buffet, which is quite good. Wide variety of breads, pastries, fruits, cold cuts, eggs, yogurts, coffees, teas, and a few a La Carte options. The hotel offers free airport/train station shuttle "when available", so contact them as soon as possible to arrange, since taxi to or from airport-hotel is around 40 Euros.
Now, on the down side, the air conditioning is a problem, we stayed in March (snowing), May and September, and have experience that the rooms are too hot during the night even without covers. Free high-speed internet is also available, but that is another of their negatives. Not fast, and very hard to stay connected. Last, but not least, the hotel truly needs a renovation. The rooms look tired, and outdated. The entire property needs to be remodeled.
I would still give it a 4 because of the service and location. Simply far to none.
Trip Type: Both Business & Couples
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Known for its sophisticated European hospitality and impeccable service, Le Royal Hotels & Resorts - Luxembourg is arguably the only five-star hotel in the heart of Luxembourg and one of the Leading Hotels of the World. Heavy renovation works have just been achieved: 170 renovated rooms, the Piano Bar with a contemporary design enhanced by original lights and music and, the last but not the least, the new restaurant Amélys which proposes a traditional, natural cuisine in magnificent surroundings brightened in the summer by a flowery terrace. Fine dining at La Pomme Cannelle epitomizes culinary excellence, while the Club Santé offers professional spa treatments, a fitness centre and an indoor swimming pool. Golden Key Concierge service, airport shuttle bus, garage parking and a lovely boutique complete the first-class experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Le Royal Hotels & Resorts - Luxembourg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Le Royal Luxembourg City
- Le Royal Hotels & Resorts - Luxembourg Luxembourg City