Stayed at Le Royal for one week in November during a business trip my husband had. It was our first time in Luxembourg. Have to say, this was the best choice I could have get.
Location:The hotel is ideally located, if you want to walk around downtown to enjoy Plaza D'Armas, shopping on the upscale stores, sightseeing Petrussa, Notre Dame, etc. etc.. Or eating at any of the numerous restaurant around this area. The food was exquisite on every restaurant we try for dinner, it's hard to pick a favorite. The average price on that area for a good dinner is around euros 30 - 50 / person.
The Room: Super clean and well kept! -- We stayed at the king suite non-smoking. Have to say for the price we paid, and our culture (american), I was expecting a bigger size room, but the size was fine, enough just for the basic set-up. A small desk with a chair, lounge chair, a queen size bed dressed with delicate sheets and smooth pillows. A 42" flat HD TV and a small refrigerator. The bathroom has marble floors and walls, one sink, a bath tub with a shower (not recommend it for handicap the tub is quite high), a dryer, an electric outlet with a 120 V adapter, well thought! We saved some money here since we forgot our adapter at home.
We only had one problem in the room, the heather system is standard for the hotel, you are not able to control the thermostat, nor even open the windows, they took the handles out of the window. So, the first night our room was extremely hot, around 77 F, I turned down the thermostat, went to bed thinking the thermostat works... long story short, got up at 1 am, called the reception complaining about the problem, they sent a guy to open the windows for us and we let that window open for the rest of our stay. Maintenance came to fix the thermostat to turn off the heat. They addressed our problem right away. They offer room service twice a day.
Hotel Premisses: They are elegant, clean, with style. The breakfast buffet is more than you could expect, they offer a great variety of choices for protein, fruits, cereals, breads and cheeses. Also there is A La carte menu for items like the exquisite french toast, I recommend you to try them!
The Spa is the place to go to relax, work out or just to pamper yourself with a fitness, sauna, steam room, swimming pool, tanning bed, massages, etc... Excellent service, super clean premisses.
There is Piano Bar in the hotel, that seems to be the place to go in the evening to enjoy some live music and drinks.
We definitely will be back to Le Royal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Known for its sophisticated European hospitality and impeccable service, Le Royal Hotels & Resorts - Luxembourg is arguably the only five-star hotel in the heart of Luxembourg and one of the Leading Hotels of the World. Heavy renovation works have just been achieved: 170 renovated rooms, the Piano Bar with a contemporary design enhanced by original lights and music and, the last but not the least, the new restaurant Amélys which proposes a traditional, natural cuisine in magnificent surroundings brightened in the summer by a flowery terrace. Fine dining at La Pomme Cannelle epitomizes culinary excellence, while the Club Santé offers professional spa treatments, a fitness centre and an indoor swimming pool. Golden Key Concierge service, airport shuttle bus, garage parking and a lovely boutique complete the first-class experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Royal Hotels & Resorts - Luxembourg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Le Royal Luxembourg City
- Le Royal Hotels & Resorts - Luxembourg Luxembourg City