All reviewspiano barleading hotels of the worldtraditional roomstar hotella pommespa facilitiessauna and steam roomhotel is centrally locatedturn down servicebusiness triplocation is excellentbreakfast buffetfantastic hotelgood sizestandard roomcold meatsold town
Reviewed November 12, 2007

This was our favorite European hotel!! To begin with, Luxembourg is a most charming city! We arrived on the train from Belgium and easily took a city bus to the hotel. The staff at the visitor center were very helpful and friendly.

We arrived and quickly checked in. Our room was a standard twin, but beautifully appointed with a view of the park. The room was well equipped with all bath amenities, robes and slippers! The reception staff even tried to help us make an overseas call using our phone card, but we all were unsuccessful for some reason?

The hotel is located about 2 blocks off the main square of Luxembourg City, a delightful area with restaruants, shops and museums. We ate dinner at a casual Mexican food restaruant called Chi Chi's. (Living in the southwest, we were craving chips and salsa) The room rate was about 180 euros. We booked on the hotel's website directly. The rate included breakfast in the morning that was fabulous-eggs, breads, french toast, omelets to order, fruits and drinks. Service was flawless!

We can't say enough about the staff at this hotel. They know what customer service really means. From the breakfast staff to the concierge to the reception staff...everything was just right!!

We would return without hesitation to the Le Royal Luxembourg!! It's not surprising that it's a "Leading Hotel of the World, " well deserved!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TravelingASAP
Reviewed November 6, 2007

We had a royal experience in this hotel. Had a perfect deal trough amex included an upgrade to the royal club wing rooms.
Everybody very friendly from bellboy to cleaning staff and everybody else, really pleasure just to be in this friendly atmosphere.
Also to recommend : the pomme cannelle restaurant !
Breakfast buffet : excellent !
Rooms : excellent !
The only disappointment to me was the outside view of the hotel. I expected with a name like 'le royal' something that looks a bit royal, but in fact the royal is only for the threatment you get once inside.
All in all a lovely experience !

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank WimLeuven
Reviewed August 24, 2007

The hotel room was well decorated. Internet access was free of charge.
Nothing to complain about except the slow service in the restaurant during breakfast and lunch.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank SofieZurich
Reviewed July 23, 2007

It may not be the coolest hotel at the party, but Le Royal carries itself of weel. It sits, rather regally at the top of the old town, just a couple of minutes away from the main Placa d'armas.

The rooms are soft and quiet and large enough (we were in 502), bathrooms are elegant and spotless, but the most memorable aspect of the hotel was the staff, always eager to be on hand to help with anything.

The pool and sauna facilities, while not state of the art, are adequate, and again the health centre staff are extremely helpful, the bar is a bit dated in a kitcsh 70's style, but again is soft and reassuring and not at all tatty.

It is fairly expensive, but in this class, the attention to detail and level of care given more than makes up for it's price.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Checkunderthebed
Reviewed July 13, 2007

I had originally booked to stay in a Traditional Room through a travel agency though the agency went bust and I lost my booking. As a result I had to book flights and hotels myself. When I contacted the hotel to explain they were extremely helpful and I was upgraded to Royal Club Room. I stayed here for three nights.

My check-in was quick, efficient and very helpful and then I was lead off to a private elevator for the Royal guests. The room was fabulous, some apartments are smaller! There was lots of closet space, a huge and comfy bed, nice desk area and a lovely shower room. It was the nicest/poshest shower I have seen in a hotel and the bathrobe and slippers were a great touch. I also loved the turndown service and the doorbell/automated do not disturb option.

The complimentary fruit basket and water were a great perk. The room looked out over the entrance to the underground car park and the park.

The bar was nice though I was only in there in the early evening. I ate in Le Jardin restaurant once and it was a very nice meal though I found the small dogs (3) at the table next to me a bit off putting.

It was a great little bit of luxury on my holiday and made all the better by the treatment I received from the hotel, even before arrival.

Luxembourg is such a beautiful city and country that I will be going back and if I can afford the extra bit of luxury this is where I will be staying.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled solo